Distribution Associate at Kasa Living, Inc. (Remote)
This role is fully remote, we set a location because some job boards require it.
Kasa's property portfolio includes over 1,000 apartment units across 50+ locations in the US. We are constantly adding new units and each unit is traded on multiple OTA platforms. Our channel management software ensures smooth management of the availability, prices, and booking requests. Your role will be to monitor the system and address synchronization issues and bugs with internal operations teams, software vendors, and OTA representatives to ensure smooth operations for the entire company.
Your daily job will also include building new OTA listings and ensuring accuracy across all channels. The role will have a key impact on Kasa's revenue and will report to the Distribution Manager. You will also closely cooperate with the Guest Experience and Revenue Management teams.About the Team
Kasa is building a world-class marketing team and you will be one of the founding members. It's exciting to be part of a team that sets new standards at Kasa. Our Marketing department's mission is to build a distinctive global accommodations brand fueled by direct relationships with guests, presence on every channel, and outstanding communication with all stakeholders. This remote role will be the fifth hire on the Marketing team, allowing for significant upward mobility within our fast-growing organization.Day in the Life of a Distribution Associate
On any given day, you will monitor the current health of our OTA connections to address issues and improve systems. You will coordinate solving problems with Guest Experience representatives and the Portfolio Revenue Manager. Furthermore, you will be the main liaison between our channel management software vendors and our Kasa operations team to ensure smooth channel management and property management for our guests.
Additionally, during times of lower booking volumes, you will support the Distribution Team in building and publishing our listings on various OTA platforms.
Every other week you will get to participate in a company-wide meeting where we discuss the business, interact with leaders from other departments, and share our ideas to help grow Kasa. Our culture is based on a remote work environment where we take pride in getting to know each other and what drives us.Responsibilities
- Ensure that all properties and units are participating in relevant, approved online distribution channels
- Contribute to the creation of OTA listings in our content management system
- Monitor booking flow through our channel management software and address bugs and booking discrepancies
- Cooperate with Guest Experience team to quickly solve all system-related booking issues
- Connect with software vendors and OTAs to ensure their support and servicing their system issues.
- 2+ years experience in hospitality sales and distribution
- Web savviness and fluency in online booking systems
- Familiarity working with a hotel/apartment channel manager systems
- Familiarity working with a content management system
- Proven passion in travel and hospitality
- Highly organized
- Solid coordination and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly, take direction, and be proactive when issues arise
- Must be comfortable receiving and independently acting on feedback
- Knowledge of Google Suite including intermediate functions in Google Sheets
- Ensured smooth booking experience across all distribution channels
- Implemented an efficient process for solving all ongoing system bugs
- Built a strong relationship with our software vendors and OTA partners
- 🌏 Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- 📈 Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- 🙌 Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it's not disruptive to their work.
- 📈 401(k) plan: As you invest in yourself and your future, Kasa invests in you too: we match 50% of the first 4% of deferred salary.
- 💰 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- 🩺 Health Coverage: We've invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
Kasa Living is an E-Verify participant. We will verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by matching information employees provide on the form i-9 against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You may find more information here and here.