At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is scaling its post-sale Transformation & Initiatives organization and looking for its next senior leader. We work on projects that move the needle, have major executive visibility and impact the company’s overall trajectory. We operate in an “unpolitical” and meritocratic environment as a tight-knit unit with a supportive, learning-oriented and fun culture that enables our team members to thrive. Your work as the Director of Transformation & Initiatives will directly and visibly contribute to our overall strategy and success. You will lead high-priority initiatives, working directly with the senior leaders in the organization to solve complex strategic problems that are top-of-mind for our executives.
Working closely with the Chief Customer Officer and the Sr. Director of Transformation & Initiatives, you will be responsible for owning and driving strategic programs. You will engage with leaders across a broad spectrum of functions such as Customer Success, Professional Services, Ecosystems, Technical Support, Sales and Product Management to develop services and programs that delight our customers and ensure a maximum return from their Palo Alto Networks security investments.
You will drive projects that address global business challenges, framing hypotheses, leveraging key insights and partnering with cross-functional teams. You will drive, produce and deliver effective models and analysis as well as compelling, narrative presentations to convey key conclusions and recommendations to various audiences, including Palo Alto Networks product, sales, post-sale teams and executives.Job Description
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders on specific initiatives to define where we want to go and how we get there
- Create business cases, define roadmap and drive execution with cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop and present high-quality deliverables for executive-level consumption
- Support business planning processes and assist with developing strategic capabilities across the organization
- Drive change across the organization and be willing to wear multiple hats (strategy development, and work with functional owners to drive execution) to do it what it takes to “move the needle”
- Manage direct and matrix staff in order to achieve post-sale business and customer objectives
- 5+ years relevant work experience post MBA with at least 2 years in management consulting, private equity or top-tier tech strategy or “bizops” functions
- MBA or similar academic credentials preferred
- Proven verbal and written communication ability and comfort with both business and technical discussions with senior audiences
- High tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to working a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial approach
- Experience in building relationships and leading through influence
- Experience managing projects, teams, and large-scale transformations
- Willing to passionately roll up their sleeves and work cross-functionally to get things done
- Self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, high-growth environments with minimal supervision
- Expertise in SaaS and/or Enterprise Services industry is a must
Our Transformation and Initiatives team works on our most critical business challenges to drive and support our industry-leading growth. Your efforts will directly impact the overall strategy and success of a world-leading cybersecurity business. You will collaborate on complex business and technology problems that are top-of-mind for our executives. You possess a unique blend of business insight, business strategy experience, big-picture thinking, influencing skills and ability to collaborate with a large number of constituents within Palo Alto Networks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $170,000/yr - $250,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.