ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Director of Telecommunications, North America
Location: Major US City. Preferred: Waltham, Dallas, New York, San Francisco Bay Area, Remote US
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help connect the modern enterprise to operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
This executive role is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing cloud software companies and Forbes Magazine's #1 Most Innovative Company in a highly visible role with massive potential impact.
To propel our next phase of growth, ServiceNow is continuing to invest in a Telecommunications Global Vertical Solutions and Go-To-Market organization. We're growing a team of entrepreneurial and collaborative individuals who are passionate about the opportunity to transform telecommunications leveraging ServiceNow's powerful digital workflow platform.
Join a team that will fundamentally re-shape telecommunications, partnering with leading service providers and the most disruptive BSS/OSS software partners in the world. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a Director of Telecommunications, North America to join our Telecommunications Global Vertical Go-to-Market organization. The Director of Telecommunications role is a sales overlay position, closely aligned with our account teams in a few strategic telecom clients to seed and develop strategic opportunities based on telecom industry solutions . S/he will build trusted relationships with customer and partner executives, partner with sales leaders and account teams, and be a [YZ1] significant contributor to the revenue growth in our top North American telecommunications accounts.
The ideal candidate is a Telecommunications industry expert with knowledge of Telecommunications pain points, business processes, system landscapes, and solutions, especially in customer service and/or service assurance domains. The optimal candidate is an experienced practitioner who has innovated, developed and/or executed strategic transformation programs at or within a Telecom. Having a consultative approach and acumen is key, given many of the interfaces s/he will have will be with client decision makers. S/he has a point of view on how operational transformation can differentiate the employee and customer experience in Telecommunications. S/he has experience building executive relationships and selling enterprise application software solutions into top Telecommunications operators in North America. Finally, s/he is passionate storyteller with the ability to communicate an innovative vision and roadmap for the Telecommunications industry.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated ability in the following key areas:
1) Industry Experience: 10+ years working in, or consulting/selling into Telecommunications organizations in a SI account management, application software sales/presales/business development, business/strategy consulting, or similar capacity. Experience cultivating executive relationships in Telecommunications service providers. Familiarity with Telecommunications front office and operational processes and the landscape and patterns of Telecommunications core systems, especially in the customer service and/or service assurance domains.
2) Solution Sales Success: Passion for and track record of collaborating with sales teams (Account Executives, Solution Consultants, Product Sales) as a trusted advisor to seed and develop strategic opportunities based on industry solutions. Experience enabling Sales on the Telecommunications industry message, solutions and resources available, developing high touch and at-scale sales programs, and partnering with sales teams to seed and advance strategic solution-based opportunities.
3) Customer Engagement: Ability to present to large customer audiences and build credibility with CxOs. Proven track record of and passion for building relationships with sales teams as a trusted advisor on account strategy and strategic opportunities.
4) Cross-Functional Execution: Proven ability to generate results in a highly matrixed organization, collaborating with Sales, Pre-Sales, Marketing, Sales Enablement, and Alliances organizations around a common Telecommunications industry strategy.
- 10+ years of experience working in or selling into the Telecommunications industry, with deep knowledge of operational business processes, especially in the customer service and/or service assurance domains
- Ideal candidates would have leadership experience in the service domain in an operator (business or IT), have sold and delivered service transformation projects as a System Integrator, OR have a sales or presales leadership background at a BSS/OSS vendor
- Business application software sales or delivery experience is preferred over infrastructure sales or delivery experience
- Ability to achieve revenue growth and solution revenue growth targets for their overall region and accounts, in partnership with the direct account sales teams
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership experience
- Understanding of key business application industry use cases in Telecommunications
- Strong communication, consultative and writing skills. Top notch public speaking skills and executive presence
- Experience creating captivating industry positioning and thought leadership
- Ability to develop trusted advisor relationships with customers and sales organizations
- Superior organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Familiarity with ServiceNow and/or the service technology market
- Ability to thrive in a super-fast paced, constantly evolving company
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree. MBA or related Master's Degree is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.