Director of Technical Support and Enablement at Visa (Miami, FL)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
Visa’s Cybersource business is a leading omni-channel commerce platform for merchants, acquirers, and technology partners enabling them to transact securely in both digital and face to face environments. The platform provides payment processing and enhanced fraud management capabilities for all payment types. A single connection to Cybersource can enable a merchant to conduct global business without the merchant having to integrate to local payment providers / methods one by one, significantly improving their go-to-market speed. This works in harmony with Cybersource's Decision Manager, the world's largest fraud detection radar allowing clients to combat fraud effectively.
What a Director, Technical Solutions leader does at Visa:
As Director for N. America Cybersource Technical Solutions, you will be responsible for the success of our partner clients and the health of their portfolios to ensure revenue retention and optimal revenue growth.
You will act as the primary technical relationship liaisons for Cybersource’s resellers. You will be responsible for the success of our clients and the health of their portfolios to ensure revenue retention and optimal revenue growth. This position reports to the Vice President of N. America Client Service Delivery – Cybersource.
Recognized as a key thought partner to our clients in terms of best-in-class approaches to payments, integration approaches and the Visa authority for all operational aspects of the CyberSource platform within Visa and our Client organizations. Engaging with clients across the globe on a daily basis, the function plays a critical role in shaping client interactions, providing informed counsel, identifying opportunities and informing the client, product and technology organizations with feedback and insights. The role provides functional and technical operational support for Clients, driving cross-organizational delivery of services to customers. Defines and deploys client service, business analysis and service implementation strategies to deliver effective, efficient, and consultative support and project management that aligns to Business Development, Client and Client Support Services business goals and objectives. Understand our clients business, objective and identifies creative solutions to support and optimize client’s performance though the use of Cybersource and Visa products.
Represents the voice of the customer to internal stakeholder organizations through accurate business requirements and ongoing client advocacy. Builds a strong and cohesive team through coaching, setting strategic direction and working knowledge of Visa, merchant and acquiring businesses, technology, and operations.
You must be a highly organized, senior self-starter leader, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams in a dynamic fast paced environment across the region.
The ideal candidate will have a deep background in payments, client servicing and solution delivery.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Provide support, strategic direction, for the N. America Cybersource Clients, your role is to ensure our reseller partners are able to successfully and optimally manage their merchant and partner portfolios.
- You must be customer centric and build a performance-based culture focused on outcomes and key results
- Implement strategies, technologies, programs, and tools focused on delivering best in class experiences and services to merchants, acquirers, and resellers to increase operating efficiencies, driving incremental revenue, and increasing client satisfaction
- Be accountable for Client satisfaction of Cybersource’s platform, servicing, and support experiences for N. America clients
- Represent the voice of the client across Visa on all matters related to Visa products, ease of use, performance of the product and servicing focused on best-in-class customer experience, and optimal servicing and product utilization
- Establish and foster positive relationships with key clients and internal stakeholders to ensure minimal escalations and healthy business growth
- Support Sales in business development efforts as required providing business analysis, technical product expertise and delivery overview for the implementation and support of Cybersource and Visa Value Added Services products and services
- Act as Internal and external escalation point for critical operational decisions affecting cardholder experience, and merchant processing, and partner success
- Participate in key client business reviews with a focus on client performance and product utilization, acting as an advocate for optimal product usage, performance and providing consultative insights to ensure clients implement world class payment experiences
- Maintain commercial and technical insights of the payment’s ecosystem in general, but also be current on the N. America payments landscape, consumer and merchant trends
- Foster a high performing culture that becomes the benchmark for excellence at Visa
- Proactively notify clients regarding any widespread or business critical problems/service issues and own timely resolution of critical production issues, end-to-end from escalation to resolution and respective client communication
Why this is important to Visa:
Cybersource is part of Visa’s value-added services strategy to bring seamless payment experiences to sellers and resellers around the globe. We continue to transform our client service models and this leadership role will help ensure that we continue to have best in class client servicing and delivery in the N. America region to continue to help build and grow strong client partnerships.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.Qualifications
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 7+ years of experience, including at least 5 years of experience leading teams in payments arena
- Proven effective decision making, strategy development and ability to drive results backed up with a track record for successfully developing, growing, and commercializing new businesses
- Strategic thinker with the ability to frame-up the results into a cohesive strategy and articulate recommendations and insights
- Deep experience with client service delivery and client support with the ability to manage client expectations and occasional escalations
- Strong disposition towards action, self-starter and focus on completing tasks in a timely fashion
- Ability to build strong networks and relationships across organizational boundaries
- An ability to instill and reinforce a strong customer service and business-oriented ethic in a team
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable operating in a complex distributed organization with the ability influence those without direct management responsibility in a matrixed organization
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Self-aware with ability to adapt to various situations
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong focus on client success
- Passionate about what you do, Service Delivery and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Commercial experience with contracts and pricing
- Working knowledge of payments network and processing services
- Working knowledge of Client business drivers for their operations and processing businesses
- Demonstrated, detailed knowledge of the full breadth of systems, products and services offered by Visa
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.