Director of Sustainability (CSR) at Toast (Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
This individual will be responsible for managing sustainability initiatives at Toast to minimize the company’s environmental impacts (and associated risks) and maximize our positive contributions to the world through our people, products and philanthropy.
This role will work in close partnership with a cross functional global team to develop the company’s climate plans, to foster employee and customer impact, and to develop the company’s overall ESG efforts. This position reports to the VP, Social Impact at Toast.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage Toast’s carbon emissions inventory process, including disclosure to CDP.
- Develop and execute strategies (in partnership with key stakeholders) to reduce carbon emissions across the company’s operations, such as air travel, data centers and real estate.
- Develop and execute employee engagement strategies to support company sustainability priorities.
- Identify and align with relevant environmental standards and best practices and serve as an internal subject-matter expert on sustainability.
- Develop and support customer-facing sustainability initiatives.
- Conduct quantitative analyses to support recommendations and strategies, such as to understand cost trade-offs of moving to more environmentally friendly options.
- Represent Sustainability @Toast externally and develop sustainability best practices to disseminate within the company.
- Develop sustainability-related employee communications, in partnership with Toast’s internal communications function.
- Support Toast's efforts to responsibly dispose of eWaste and donate functional used hardware to charitable organizations.
- Partner with Toast’s Investor Relations team on broader ESG initiatives.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 to 8 years professional experience in environmental sustainability
- Considerable business acumen and strong general management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability in the corporate context
- Strong project and program management skills, good attention to detail and consistent follow through
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with effective time management skills
- Ability to work confidently and thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse set of global stakeholders.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.