Director of Supply Chain Planning at Chewy (Minneapolis, MN)
If you are passionate about solving complex supply chain problems and building new capabilities, come join us!
Chewy is seeking a Director of Supply Chain Planning to lead our supply and demand planning teams for one of our key business verticals.
In this senior leadership role, you will lead developing the supply chain strategy and its successful implementation for a high growth business. The role will require influencing senior executives, partnering with merchandising, operations, and product/technical leaders, and leading/developing a high-performance team. A successful leader would be comfortable with ambiguity, integrate deeply with science and research teams, develop scalable solutions iteratively and accelerate time to deliver industry leading supply chain solutions and plans.
We are seeking a data-driven leader with strong analytical and planning experience in supply chain, inventory management, and vendor management. This leader should be able to lead in a fast paced, high growth environment and motivate others to innovate in a highly customer-focused and growth-driven culture. You should have experience leading people at scale, drive entrepreneurial mindset, and successfully partner with our vendor community to drive end to end value chain improvements. The leader should be both strategic and tactical in leading this function for the long-term growth.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and lead a high-performing team of supply chain professionals in supply and demand planning.
- Create and execute against short, medium, and long-term supply chain plans in collaboration with the Merchandising and Supply Chain Research and Technology teams.
- Implement strategies to support a rapidly expanding business by building an agile and efficient supply chain that will improve Customer Experience, lower operating cost and improve capital utilization.
- Identify business risks and opportunities, while recommending action plans to cross-functional teams improve inventory availability and inventory health.
- Lead recurring business reviews with senior leadership with clear communication of critical information both verbally and in written formats.
- Drive accountability for key performance indicators with own team, cross-functional partners and vendor partners.
- Partner with science, research, and technical teams to drive systematic purchasing and inventory management improvements at all levels of the business.
What You'll Need:
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of leadership roles in supply chain planning in retail or e-commerce, with high preference for merchandising supply chain experience.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge in inventory planning concepts and methodologies in an e-commerce environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience with analytical supply chain planning models, forecasting systems, inventory planning and management systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, SQL preferred.
- Leading and scaling teams with direct managerial responsibilities.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Position may require travel
- Knowledge of statistical models and planning techniques.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]