Director of Strategy at FIGS
FIGS is looking for a Director of Strategy to report to the CFO. This position will be instrumental in developing and communicating the company’s corporate strategy, including tracking and reporting key performance indicators and aligning departments cross-functionally. You will work with all levels of the organization, including department team leads, to ensure focus and alignment help the team stay focused on executing on our key initiatives.
- Together with the CFO and other executives, support development of the corporate strategy, including long-term growth plans and profitability goals.
- Direct and oversee FIGS’ strategic planning function, including execution of strategic direction set forth by Co-CEOs and other executive team members.
- Track, report and communicate progress of key cross functional strategic initiatives. Assist in developing appropriate financial goals and metrics for each initiative.
- Develop internal cadence of reporting on key performance indicators and ensure alignment across organization on these metrics.
- Partner with team leads to help evaluate new projects and enable them to assess the best approach toward achieving their business goals.
- Analyze emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive dynamics and internal business performance.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong and proactive business and operational relationships with business partners across the organization to drive results.
- Together with finance team, develop process for evaluating and assessing the financial return of new initiatives.
- Present findings and recommendations to executive management to enable them to be knowledgeable about the state of the organization’s strategic development.
- Support CFO in preparing strategic materials for presentations as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in business management or related fields. Strong knowledge of business, finance, and analytics.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company and senior level management.
- Exhibit strong project management and organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize various workstreams simultaneously, including the ability to manage differing perspectives and influence positive outcomes.
- Experience in a high growth, technology focused environment is strongly preferred.
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.