Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!Come join our Strategy and Insights team
Our Strategy and Insights team is committed to leading the long-term strategic planning for Karat based on market trends, opportunities, and company strengths. Working closely with cross-functional leaders, we gather and analyze market trends that allow us to formulate and test hypotheses that increase the value of Karat across the entire client journey.What you will do
As our Director of Strategy and Insights, you will also work to cement Karat’s position as market leader by leading a cross-functional team of analysts, driving thought leadership with clients, and synthesizing key insights across clients to advise on Karat’s highly impactful business strategy.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.).
- Partner with company leadership to set medium- and long-term strategic plans for Karat using a variety of resources (e.g. market trends, competitive analysis, comparative advantage, company assets, etc.).
- Consider and analyze strategic questions that are core to our business (e.g. entering new markets, candidate trends, and competitor landscaping). Make recommendations to the leadership team to help shape decision-making and strategic focus.
- Understand how Karat’s unique dataset enables Karat to outperform its competition and offers outstanding strategic value to clients, and develop plans for how to translate these assets into groundbreaking, innovative product offerings.
- Build and lead a highly-leveraged team of subject matter specialists and analysts to draw out breakthrough insights that help leading technology clients build elite hiring processes.
- Using Karat’s 100,000+ interviews conducted, vast hiring experience, and a hypothesis-driven approach, establish a new function that utilizes data and strategic business insights to help achieve Karat’s goals.
- Expedite go-to-market efforts in partnership with leaders from sales, marketing, and customer success by using outstanding analytics and insights of value to customers, and track results over time.
- Engage with senior clients on their business challenges and present frameworks, insights, and findings to help senior leaders with strategic decision-making.
- Drive innovation in dashboard offerings that help internal partners meet client business needs, and help Karat offer expanded analytics offerings to customers.
- Coordinate with the VPs of Product and Engineering to organize and use Karat’s data and other complimentary data sets to pursue sophisticated analyses and draw out business insights -- market-wide, within industries, and for specific companies.
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting or strategic planning
- Proven ability to communicate insights and data to broad audiences (senior leadership, individual contributors, etc.) with engaging and compelling presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills including proven track record of building, developing, and growing high-functioning teams
- Strong management skills including proven track record of building, developing, and growing high-performing teams
- Ability to run sophisticated engagements and coordinate the work of Analysts
- Adept at using and developing analytical frameworks, developing and testing hypotheses, and using supporting data to craft presentation storylines
- Experience in the field of technical recruiting, and/or experience working in and with recruitment, talent or engineering functions a plus
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].