Director - Strategy and Operations at Berkadia
The Opportunity *This is a remote opportunity*
Berkadia’s Corporate Investment Sales group is a high-performing, dynamic team responsible for driving growth and excellence across a platform of 150 investment advisors and over 200 support staff. The Director of Investment Sales Strategy and Operations will support the network’s day-to-day operations as well as execute on the strategic vision of the Production Leadership Team.
- Assist senior leadership in managing the Investment Sales network, e.g.,
- Oversee the Associate Director program for investment sales
- Manage the optional staff bonus program for investment sales (set aside and a la carte)
- Ensure optimal staffing and resources for each investment sales team
- Manage Investment Sales network communication strategy and content
- Meet with and assist offices and Senior Investment Advisors across the country including team specific business planning
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring all investment sales performance dashboards – PnL, pipeline, etc.
- Represent investment sales with corporate functions including FP&A, accounting, and more
- Manage the OKRs and QBRs for investment sales working in tandem with the transformation team which includes creating the QBRs, securing alignment, and tracking progress
- Support management with recruiting new investment advisors and managing existing advisors
- Create and drive initiatives with a focus on revenue growth and process improvement, e.g.,
- Develop, manage, improve various programs (e.g., investment sales leads)
- Partner with appropriate internal/external organizations to drive people development
- Promote the Berkadia Way across the investment sales platform
- Identify, evaluate, and deploy new growth initiatives
- Assist in capturing business value from Polaris initiatives specifically Pyxis
- Work with senior leadership across organization to oversee core projects and operations for Berkadia; create, implement and execute key initiatives
- Execute other managerial tasks as delegated by the Production Leadership Team
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically.
What you will need to be successful
- Demonstrated ability to manage, develop, and motivate others (with or without direct authority)
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to break down complex problems into critical parts, identify the key causes, and effectively prioritize and execute a way forward
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to positively influence outcomes and ability to work across functions
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize, delegate, and multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Commercial real estate experience or sales experience is preferable, though not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Five to seven years prior experience in a similar position.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: [email protected]
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.