Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork is looking for an Enterprise Planning Director to drive the Enterprise Sales organization’s long-term planning initiatives and roadmap. You will work closely with our Sales and Sales Operations senior leadership teams to coordinate the key work streams that will shape the growth of the organization over the coming years.Your Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Enterprise Sales, Marketing and Product long-term planning initiatives, including managing budgets, preparing reporting and tracking utilization of resources and tools across cross-functional teams
- Drive project management across complex, cross-functional initiatives, establishing strong partnerships with project leaders to ensure accountability and remain on track and identify dependencies and impacts across work streams
- Collaborate with senior leadership to communicate progress and escalate problems
- Partner with Finance to measure productivity and ROI of investments and achievement against KPIs
- Assist in defining the strategic roadmap for the Enterprise organization
- Lead regular meeting cadence and facilitate prioritization efforts across teams
- Validated program management, project management and/or operational expertise
- Track record of establishing strong relationships with senior leaders, particularly in Sales, Marketing and Product organizations
- Expert in working with project management and reporting tools
- Experience with large program administration, including experience working with distributed teams across a variety of functions
- You are a strategic thinker comfortable working on complex problems with ability to understand the connectivity and impacts across cross-functional initiatives
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate difficult conversations
- Strong analytical acumen with ability to deep dive into data, extract insights and provide actionable recommendations back to the business
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.