Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
Cohere achieves its vision by selling its platform and related solutions to health plans and risk-bearing medical groups. These are among the most complicated organizations to sell into and manage, and the technology and tools we provide involve numerous teams with direct impact on customer financials and brand in the market, in the most complicated sector of the US economy. As we grow our business, Cohere is looking for an experienced Account Executive to support continued growth with new health plan and risk bearing provider customers who can strategically manage this complexity, both inside the organization and out. This is among the most visible roles at the company, and this Account Executive will play a critical role in retaining current customers, setting overall account strategy, and identifying and closing growth opportunities with existing customers. Collaboration with other parts of the Cohere organization will be essential in this role and this person will partner with sales, implementation, customer success, and many other parts of the organization to ensure that Cohere is set up for continued growth with our customers. Additionally, as we continue to scale as a company, this person will play an important part in shaping the Strategic Account Management team and building out the necessary tools and infrastructure to make this team successful.
If you are passionate about deploying technology-driven solutions to enhance patient experience, drive clinical excellence, and achieve healthcare operational efficiencies, we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Build, own, and deliver the strategic account plan for individual customers, with the ability to manage multiple accounts
- Build relationships with key health plan executives to support continued growth of current customer accounts
- Engage with senior decision makers to discover and drive growth opportunities and partner with internal and external executives/influencers who can support our relationship expansion goals
- Meet and exceed revenue targets for dedicated accounts
- Lead negotiations and close deals with current customers in relation to new business opportunities
- Partner with the Client Success team to ensure Cohere is delivering and exceeding expectations on current business
- Partner with cross-functional teams across Cohere to effectively tell Cohere value story, enabling additional growth opportunities with customers
- Provide guidance to Cohere team based on customer feedback and identify additional areas of opportunity for growth
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree. Masters degree a plus
- 10-15 years of experience working with health plans and risk bearing medical groups in a sales, account management, or otherwise customer-facing role (e.g., consulting)
- Deep knowledge of health plans, the market factors driving their strategic priorities and equally deep understanding of the key players and relationships needed to drive growth
- Demonstrated track record of creating and delivering on account plans
- Strong relationship builder and communicator, both for internal and external relationships
- Experience working in a startup and developing processes and infrastructure for new teams
- Analytical mindset and ability to build strong business cases in support of customer growth
- Willingness to dive and contribute in any way that is needed to drive customer growth
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with demanding customer expectations
- Comfort with ambiguity and willingness to be flexible as customer needs shift
- Passion for driving change in the healthcare industry
- Role can be based in Boston or remote, with willingness to travel up to 50%+ of time
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.