Director Solution Management at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class solution management organization and continues to look for top-notch talent with product management/product marketing/solution management background to expand the team. As a Director of Solution Management at Palo Alto Networks, you will be responsible for driving innovative solutions in support of a product(s) and RTM/Speedboat strategy. You will be managing solutions architects.
Working with GSI Partners, Product and RTM/Sales teams, you will define security solutions architectures, security solutions, and growth strategies. Thrive to showcase thought leadership by identifying and parsing industry trends pertaining to services (managed or unmanaged) along with customer input, to recommend, plan for, and address core market opportunities with innovative solutions. Ensure technical and commercial readiness of these solutions, including assets to enable the go-to-market teams, and provide field feedback to the Product teams to help shape product direction to fuel growth through solution selling mindset.
Following are the key areas that Solution Management will focus on:
- Solution planning
- Solution development
- Solution sale success & partner engagement
- Solution content development/dissemination
- Create and drive the global solutions aligning with strategic business plans from GSI Partners with clear pathways to revenue targets
- Showcase thought leadership by identifying and parsing industry trends and customer feedback to recommend, plan for, and address core market opportunities with new solutions.
- Drive the definition, business development, asset creation, enablement, and rollout of solutions.
- Provide management insights and understanding on the various new solution opportunities and ideal target segments
- Work within a highly matrixed organization, collaborating with Product, Sales, Marketing, Enablement, and Alliances organizations
- Partner closely with GSI Partners, Product, and RTMs to ensure solutions alignment and priorities
- Validates product strategy to effectively develop solutions. Work with product to address any gaps
- Develop innovative and cutting edge solutions, and act as a partner and consultant to stakeholders (GSI Partners, Product, RTM, Theater sales, Speedboat sales, Mktg etc.,.)
- Define repeatable solutions & use cases, understand technology ecosystem, craft compelling positioning.
- Identify and develop additional value added solutions for driving incremental opportunities
Solution Sales Success & Partner engagement:
- Collaborate with BD Teams and GSI Partners to seed and develop strategic opportunities based on solutions.
- Enable sales/partners on the solutions messaging, content, and other resources (lab/demos/POCs )
- Extended solutions support for high-touch/at-scale sales programs partnering with RTMs to advance key strategic solution-based opportunities.
- Drive thought leadership by engaging partners
- Influence partners to adopt PANW solutions
Solution Content Development/Dissemination:
- Develop solution-level sales playbooks in collaboration with solution architects, Business Development and GSI Partners
- Identify, plan and develop solution-level training for partners (Ex: Level Up)
- Work with marketing to formalize/size the content for internal and external consumption
- Work with marketing to distribute the content and engage partners on an ongoing basis
- Enable sales/partners working with marketing and enablement resources
- Drive to design something new, innovative, and disruptive
- Strong domain expertise in networking and security for a service provider, GSI, VAR/Pureplay environments
- Required knowledge of Endpoint, SOAR, SIEM, ASM technology/products, and industry trends
- Deep technical and business competence to provide oversight for a solution offering
- Ability to manage a team with a business and technical background
- Anticipates future needs and proactively works to get ahead of potential issues
- Minimum 10+ years in product management/Product Marketing/SI partner/Sales/Solution Development or equivalent
- Significant experience building and launching creative services for service providers/GSIs/VARs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable track record of success
- Willingness to travel to meet with customers to gather insight as well as provide recommendations to make the products successful globally
- An engineering or Business degree is a plus
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the status quo of cybersecurity. We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.