Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
As the Director of Service Operations, you will be responsible for driving operational excellence at scale, in a rapidly growing business. The right candidate understands how to operationalize processes and systems for teams with a 4+ digit headcount, and supports every decision with data.
This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada.
- Oversee everything that’s happening in the delivery of service, both within Service Ops and without (including working closely with product, service management, HR, and CX).
- Ensure every student is able to get the high-quality educational support they need when they come to Paper.
- Improve current tutor scheduling processes by establishing a clear rationale and protocol for scheduling decisions and the ability to scale at a pace.
- Work closely with product to identify solutions to improve both efficiency in operations and employee experience.
- Work with data teams to identify and prioritize data used to improve service quality and efficiency.
- Lead service efficiency improvement projects, including projects involving employee leveling, information flow, pay structures, and workforce management.
- Find problems, love them, fix them.
- 5+years of experience in operations within technology/SaaS companies.
- Proven leadership and management capabilities.
- Experience working with P&L reports and having financial responsibilities in accordance with Operations.
- Strong proficiency in data analysis.
- Experience in a high growth start-up preferred.
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams.
- Experience with workforce management.
- High-growth mindset and love of the problem.
- Comfortable working in large, remote teams.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck.
- Remote first environment.
- Annual company-wide meetups.
- Opportunity for career development with a fast-growing company.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
- Stipend to help support the growth of your home office.
- 24/7 access to Paper for family members K-12.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.