We are looking for a Director of Security Operations to help validate that our services, applications, and websites are secured against the latest threats.
The Director of Security Operations will be a cybersecurity generalist responsible for all routine operational components of Digital Turbine's Information Security Program. Major components of this program include oversight of the managed security service provided by a third party SOC provider and development and maintenance of the Vulnerability and Patch Management (VPM) program.
This Director of Security Operations role will focus on:
Vulnerability & Patch Management (VPM):
- Responsible for detection and reporting of all vulnerabilities (including misconfigurations) in all production endpoint systems (including but not limited to network, servers, databases, and workstations)
- Perform vulnerability assessments to identify control weaknesses and assess the effectiveness of existing controls
- Hands on operational experience with vulnerability/ patch management tools including the ability to deploy, configure, and run these tools
- Reporting work includes appropriate triage and prioritization of vulnerabilities (by risk) to permit risk-prioritized patching and remediation
- Serve as change agent by driving successful process improvement practices, by diagnosing barriers to VPM's success; and by facilitating resolution as appropriate
- Communicate technology findings with leadership and BU stakeholders and provide accurate remediation metrics and management reports on a timely basis
- 2+ years of experience monitoring threats via a SIEM console
- Responsible for event discovery and incident response activities
- Establish standard operating procedures (SOP) for your L1, L2, and L3 Security Operation Center
- Develop a workflow model and implement SOPs for the incident-handling process that guides analysts through triage and response procedures
- Identify, track, and review relevant metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Incident Response program
- Mature and develop playbooks, ensuring response activities align with the incident response plan and provide comprehensive mitigation of threats
Basic Qualifications of the Director of Security Operations:
- 8 years of Information Technology experience, with at least 5 years of experience in information security working within security operations
- 4 years of experience directly managing an engineering and/or vulnerability and patch management team
- 2+ years of hands on experience with implementing vulnerability and patch management procedures
- 2+ years or working knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols and application security
- Familiarity with security and risk standards including ISO 27001-2, PCI DSS, NIST, ITIL, COBIT
- Possess experience and successful results leveraging one or more of the following technologies:
- Endpoint Detection and Response (Crowdstrike, Deepwatch, etc.)
- Vulnerability Scanning (Rapid7, Tenable, Nessus, etc.)
- SIEMs (Splunk, QRadar, SumoLogic, Devo, InsightIDR, etc.)
- Service Management & Ticketing (Jira, ServiceNow or similar)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related degree
Preferred Qualifications of the Director of Security Operations:
- 5+ years within Vulnerability and Patch Management or a risk aligned role which required supporting enterprise management and coordination
- 5+ years of experience managing communication with geographically distributed teams
- 5+ years of excellent written and verbal communication skills especially at explaining complex technical issues in terms understandable by the business
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
- Security Certifications (i.e. Security+, CEH, SANS, etc.)
About Digital Turbine
Digital Turbine is the largest independent mobile growth platform and levels up the landscape for advertisers, publishers, carriers, and OEMs. By integrating a full ad stack with proprietary technology built into devices by wireless operators and OEMs, Digital Turbine supercharges advertising and monetization. As a titan of ad tech, we simplify mobile growth and monetization for publishers and advertisers.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with global offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and other cities serving top agency, app developer, and advertising markets. Listed on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for six consecutive years since 2015 and winner of Austin Chamber of Commerce's Company Culture in 2020.
Digital Turbine is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives!