Director of School Operations (Remote) at Varsity Tutors
Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy company, is looking for a Director of School Operations to join our Supply team and support our Varsity Tutors for Schools (VT4S) business. This role will launch new school tutoring programs on the platform, develop & improve processes, and manage ongoing operations support for existing school customers.
Success in this role involves ensuring we meet new customer launch timelines. The Director must be adept at determining optimal staffing levels and creating processes to ensure the team can reliably deliver on customer expectations. This person must also implement the right monitoring mechanisms, which will enable us to detect customer-impacting issues before customers do. When something is getting in their way of being successful they must identify the root cause and develop robust plans to mitigate the issue – including the ability to influence key stakeholders. The Director of School Operations must possess the right balance of “builder” and “operator” skills, as we are both operating and optimizing the business and building new processes and capabilities for the future.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/. The company publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange in September 2021.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters degree preferred
- 7+ years operations management or supply chain experience with a history of organizing teams and completing high volume tasks.
- Strong understanding of how to cultivate lifetime customer value and ability to support multi-product approaches to maximize customer value.
- Desire for a high level of responsibility and ownership.
- Advanced skills with Excel or equivalent required (dashboards, v-lookups, pivot tables), SQL preferred
- Improve fulfillment operations for increased efficiency, operational excellence, and profitability of our VT4S business
- Develop, document, test business metrics and insights to manage and optimize business results
- Lead development and execution of initiatives through cycles of data analytics, experiment, and rollout. Create timelines, budgets, requirements, and costs for projects and the implementations of business initiatives
- Optimize operations processes through analytical frameworks
- Communicate prioritization and resource allocation to management, co-workers, and business functional owners
- Prepare and present performance results and project plans to executive leadership
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Competitive Salary plus Equity (RSUs) in the company
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday
- Paid VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to classes
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback-rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)