Director of Sales - Creative at The Looma Project (Remote)
Looma exists to connect shoppers to the people and stories behind food & beverage products. Our first product, Loop™ At-Shelf Maker Stories, is a network of smart tablets in grocery stores that play short, human-centric films connecting producer to consumer. The data generated by Loop™ fuels our proprietary film production and optimization processes, forming a flywheel we believe will one day power the world’s most sophisticated platform for human-centric point-of-decision video.
Reporting to the Chief Story Officer, Looma's Director of Sales - Creative is responsible for compellingly sharing our content vision and proprietary data-driven optimization process with brand partners in a bid to become their dominant provider of point-of-decision video.
You will need to be quick to win over and maintain strong relationships with our brand partners’ sales & marketing teams. You'll educate brands on their need for optimized point-of-decision video content and ensure alignment on a production path for developing beautiful, impactful films with Looma in service of their sales and marketing objectives.
We are strongly prioritizing candidates with deep content sales experience; pitching and selling content in the CPG space or similar; with an understanding of organizational and budgetary dynamics. You must strongly align with our mission and storytelling philosophy, and be able to engender trust from our brand partners by demonstrating an understanding of their brand ethos, economic drivers, and marketing objectives.
The responsibilities for this role can be split into three primary categories:
- Content Sales + Customer Success (45%)
- Story Discovery (35%)
- Program Improvements (20%)
Content Sales + Customer Success (45%)
- Partner with the Director of Brand Sales in sales conversations; taking the lead on content sales to compellingly communicate our value
- Clearly articulate Looma’s vision + storytelling philosophy to new or prospective brand partners
- Develop strong relationships with brand partner marketing teams
- Partner with Chief Story Officer in managing content sales strategy
- Develop sales and marketing collateral (decks, rate cards, one-pagers, etc.) to support the continued growth and credibility of Looma’s content arm
Story Discovery (35%)
- Lead the Story Discovery process, guiding brands toward creative concepts that dovetail between Looma’s content philosophy and brand marketing priorities
- Constantly improve the Story Discovery and Content Alignments portions of the brand partner experience
- Partner with the Director of Story Success to align on content diversity and storytelling priorities
- Share post-campaign analytics + ideas for improving future films with brand partners
Program Improvements (20%)
- Pioneer the development of new content types (outside of Maker Stories)
- Visit Loop™ installations in-store periodically with a view to productive critique
- Periodically seek brand marketing feedback on our process and films
- Strongly aligned with our mission to make commerce more human and more responsible
- Warm, brilliant, and poised, with a miraculous ability to win people over
- Excited about content sales and pitching creative
- Deep understanding of branded storytelling; and passion for editorial, documentary-style narrative
- Able to articulate and contribute to our vision of building the world’s most insightful and actionable storytelling platform
- Fluent in the vernacular of filmmaking and the creative process; experience selling video advertisements on performance-based platforms a plus
- Experience in creative services and an understanding of omnichannel marketing preferable; with an appreciation for the value of tailoring content to the audience and distribution channel, particularly point-of-decision video
- Sensitive communicator, able to deliver feedback skillfully ensuring best outcomes for both projects and relationships
- Operationally excellent – able to manage dozens of relationships in concert
Structure & Compensation
Looma will provide a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary and stock options. All Looma compensation packages include cash/equity flexibility (i.e. you can opt for more equity and less cash or vice-versa).
- Employee coverage for health, dental, and vision (gold plan)
- Unlimited PTO (3 weeks encouraged)
- 12-week primary caregiver leave
- Flexible office setting (office, flex, or WFH, with associated stipends)
- $100/month craftsmanship stipend
Looma’s Hiring Philosophy
Looma believes culture is one of the strongest predictors of success for a startup. Strong contributors to Looma’s culture will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Emotional Intelligence
Diversity & Nondiscrimination
Looma believes diversity is a fundamental good, and we are committed to promoting diversity both in our workplace and through the stories we tell. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status, class or caste status, or any other protected class. Our global nondiscrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business.
Creative, Sales, Advertising, Account, Discovery, Production, Startup, Craft Beer, Wine, Adult Beverage, Retail Media, Retail Tech, Film, Storytelling, Branded Storytelling, Documentary, Content