Routable is a B2B payments platform built to make bill payments and mass payouts fast and seamless. Our mission is to be the simplest way to send and receive business-to-business payments. Unlike other payment platforms, Routable’s modern, easy-to-use API allows you to build a powerful payments infrastructure in minutes.
We’re a Series B startup with $46M in funding. We’re helping some of the largest marketplaces and gig economy companies, including Ticketmaster, Snackpass, and Garmentory. Hundreds of finance teams trust our decades of experience in building B2B payment solutions.
Our environment encourages intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness—one that provides the support and mentorship needed to succeed, learn, and grow. We'll make sure you have everything you need to do your best work and make an impact. We’re a fully remote startup with our team working from a city they love across the United States and Canada.
🔮 Director of Risk & Fraud, KYC
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Risk & Fraud, KYC, to help design, develop and manage a risk framework to manage merchant and transaction risk effectively at Routable.
- This role is focused on three business reviews for risk management:
- Onboarding review - managing KYC and analyzing merchant for potential risk (fraud risk, KYC, max exposure limits)
- Regular review - transaction monitoring and transaction risk, regular client and portfolio review to identify key concerns and appropriate mitigation
- Product risk - as a startup focused on launching new products, the role will oversee product risk as we expand our portfolio
- Direct and lead KYC operations, including executing processes in accordance with Routable's compliance policies and overseeing the KYC control environment
- Develop KYC rules and methodologies to set the standard for determining customer approval, and helping automate and scale the process for forecasted 10x growth
- Develop data driven fraud risk strategies and controls by different type of first- and third-party fraud (including, and not limited to origination, transaction risk, account takeover, fraud IDs, etc)
- Analyze and synthesize multiple data points to assess merchant risk and profitability using business bureaus, 3rd party services and financial statements
- Engage with customer success for risk remediation, as needed
- Analyze transaction risk and trends and advice on appropriate rules to be incorporated into transaction monitoring systems
- Provides guidance to executive leadership based on deep subject matter expertise
- Provide people management and development responsibilities and ensure team service level standards are met
- Partner with Engineering, Product and Operations teams to conceive, design and monitor fraud strategies
- Identify and explore new approaches, data sources/vendors and potential partnerships to support improvements to existing and new programs, implement tools as needed
- Experience in application and transaction fraud management in financial services
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership position managing a risk & fraud team or KYC team
- Must possess a passion for system automation and scalability - and own the system automation of our KYC and risk platforms (with cross functional support)
- Experience with a high growth company and experience working in startups is preferred
- Experience collaborating with multiple executive level business stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply R&F/KYC regulations and requirements in a fast-paced, real-time environment.
- Proven experience working with Senior Management and influencing in a matrix environment
- CAMS, CFE, or equivalent certification preferred
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We are a remote first company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only find talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live. One amazing benefit to our remote culture, is that it enables our team to enjoy traveling ✈️ more regularly since they can work from wherever!
The Director of Risk & Fraud reports directly to the VP of Finance.
Our Core Values
At Routable, we are driven by our values. Our values act as guiding principles when it comes to our work, our hiring practices, and ourselves. We talk about them every day and praise each other based on our ability to embody them.
💞 Engage with Empathy: Have empathy and a deep understanding for your peers, and our customers. This means no ego and cultivating relationships by actively listening to each other's needs.
🤝 Volunteer Assistance: Helping others is always a priority, even when it is not immediately related to the goals that we are trying to achieve. We make it a point to foster an environment of inclusiveness for our remote team.
💪 Own it: We are all company owners and we act like it. We make data driven decisions and jump at the opportunity to be accountable. Taking action when you see a problem is our default state.
🛠 Build with Purpose: We are collectively building the product and company of our dreams. We are intentional with everything we do and are always looking for ways to improve. We sweat the details.
🧬 Expect Authenticity: We do not compromise our values when it comes to our team and our customers. We champion originality. Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
To help foster amazing relationships with our coworkers, we meet up twice a year as a whole team in some pretty awesome cities! In the past we’ve met up in San Diego, Seattle, and Austin. We’d rather invest money into memorable team events rather than expensive offices. During our meet-up team time, we love to spend time learning a new skill together, and solving problems. Most recently this has taken on the form of a bread-making class and defeating an Escape Room. Yeah.. We love to compete together as a team.
Note: we have paused our meetups due to COVID-19 and will resume when it is safe for everyone to attend
🏥 Great Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
💲 Competitive salary
📈 Stock Options
💸 Work from Home Stipend
🚀 We're a remote team
🏝 Flexible vacation policy
🍼 Paid parental leave (12 Weeks)
🙋♀️ Voluntary Benefits - additional Life Insurance, Pet Insurance and FSA
Routable welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our diverse community of Routers. Routable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to administering personnel actions, including hiring, training, promoting and compensating its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Our salary range starts at $180,000 - the exact salary offer will depend on level of experience, role alignment, etc. We also offer equity and full benefits package for FTEs.