Director of Production Operations at Invitae
Remote - Anywhere in U.S.
Ciitizen is now Invitae
Bringing together the power of genomic and clinical information within a new kind of patient data platform to improve healthcare decision making at personal and systemwide levels. Learn more here.About the Company
Ciitizen is a health technology platform that enables patients with cancer and rare neurologic disorders to collect, digitize, and share their health information. Funded by Andreessen-Horowitz and founded by serial entrepreneur and former Head of Health at Apple (Anil Sethi), it began with the simple idea that anyone should be able to manage their own medical records, but was motivated by the harder reality of helping Anil’s own sister fight her battle with cancer.
Our mission is for patients to control their healthcare data so that they can control their healthcare options.About the Team
Clinical Operations is the powerhouse of Ciitizen. As the biggest team we have, ClinOps make it possible to empower patients with their medical history, leveraging a suite of proprietary clinical data extraction software to generate structured data exports for our oncology and neurology patients. The team is comprised of experienced, passionate clinicians averaging >10 years of experience in their respective fields.About the Role
As Director of Production Operations at Ciitizen, you’ll lead a clinical and operationally driven team whose objective is to deliver high quality clinical data to our patients and partners. We’re looking for a dedicated and data-driven critical thinker with a passion for working at the intersection of healthcare and technology (specifically, product development and optimization). You do not need to be a practicing clinician, though you will need a baseline level of familiarity in order to get up to speed on our clinical data models quickly - and we have a passionate team of clinicians who are eager to help. You do not need to be a former Product Manager, though you will need to be able to understand how to spec out requirements and liaise with engineering - and we have a dedicated team of PdMs and engineers you can rely on and learn from.
We’re looking for someone who can drive product strategy and optimization, and manage a team of 30+ to deliver high quality data to our patients and partners. You will need to drive clinical strategy, operational strategy, and product strategy to succeed. We’re looking for someone who is excited about this type of challenge and who will get into the weeds on implementation, QAing bugs, testing new approaches, thinking outside the box to scale this team’s capacity. We value curiosity, humility, and a solution-oriented mindset over finding the perfect background.
To summarize, this critical role will have three primary focus areas.
- Scaling the team structure and internal products to 10x+ their current capacity
- Deliver high quality clinical data to our patients and partners, including evaluating the team’s readiness to take on new work
- Developing and owning the clinical product roadmap required to deliver today and scale tomorrow
- A baseline level of familiarity with oncology and/or neurology to evaluate the impact of clinical data features
- Experience designing and building process, product, and workflows to optimize a team’s capacity
- Ability to drive data analysis and build custom dashboards to draw conclusions using imperfect and disjointed data
- Familiarity with speccing out product and feature design and functionality
- 5+ years working experience in product management, product operations, engineering, consulting, or healthcare operations role that worked closely with product and engineering teams
- Experience building trusted partnerships with operations and engineering teams
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership
- Familiarity with or interest in oncology and/or rare disease advocacy groups
- Attention to detail and cross-functional relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to drive multiple competing arguments to a mutually beneficial decision in a world with highly limited resources
- Experience working at a fast-paced healthcare company
- Familiarity with medical terminology and processes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Feeling ready to give 100% to empowering patients with their medical data? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Ciitizen, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.