Director Procurement at GoDaddy (Remote)
Location Details: REMOTE US
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Remote: This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
Under the leadership of the VP Strategic Sourcing, the Procurement Director will lead sourcing activities for GoDaddy’s global portfolio of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) providers and Professional Services suppliers. The Procurement Director will set the overall direction of the procurement activities in the assigned area of responsibility in line with the strategic procurement roadmap, especially:
1) actively participate in and help define the strategy
2) select the right global partners and phase out those not meeting expectations
3) establish best in class contracts/agreements
4) ensure ongoing management and monitoring for continuous improvement and cost optimization
The Procurement Director will work very closely with the BPO Management Office in Customer Care to maximize value to Go Daddy while ensuring the optimum balance between cost reduction, quality, service, delivery performance, and regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities will include all BPO providers globally and all Professional Services providers (Engineering outsourcing, Development outsourcing, Finance off-shoring/outsourcing) globally.
Annual spend responsibility will be approximately $225M to $250M until optimized and reduced according to targets set.
Your experience should include...
- High School Degree, GED, or equivalent work experience required.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Technology required.
- MBA desired.
Work related experience:
- Minimum ten (10) years of accounting, purchasing, business experience preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of industry experience in technology, IT, or Internet services preferred.
- One (1) year of GoDaddy experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in sourcing/procurement of customer care BPO provides strongly preferred.
Procurement and Analytical Skills
- Expert-level working knowledge of quantitative analytical and decision-making tools.
- Deep knowledge of target costing, total cost of ownership, net present value, and working capital analytical approaches.
- Excellent understaning of procurement and purchasing systems, e.g., eSourcing platform, ERP system, etc.
- Good technology “acumen” to productively liaise with internal and external product and industry experts; ability to challenge product and service requirements put forward by business.
Procurement and purchasing functional knowledge
- Strong expertise in spend/category management and strategic sourcing processes.
- Deep understanding of purchasing policies and procedures including supplier relationship management, contract lifecycle management, and operational purchasing.
Collaboration & Partnering
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and direct direct reports/purchasing team accordingly.
- Strong orientation towards coaching and talent development.
- Strong ability to influence peers, business partners, stakeholders without having direct authority.
- Role model in living Go Daddy values; consensus builder.
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.