Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through physician-led, patient-first primary care. We're looking for a Director of Practice Operations to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Director, Practice Operations is responsible for oversight of 15+ clinic locations with accountability for all clinic operations including cost, quality, and patient satisfaction results. Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Clinic Operations, this leader will manage to clinic budgets for finance, staffing, quality performance, facilities, and physician relations and is critical to driving the clinical quality and patient service experience across clinics. This leader drives the performance of clinic teams providing growth, development and ongoing management of practice operations staff. Excellent communication, problem-solving, follow-through and diplomacy skills are required for success in this highly visible leadership role.
How you can make a difference:
- Manage overall performance of Village Medical clinic locations across assigned market including cost, quality, and patient satisfaction
- Partner with integration teams to ensure successful practice onboarding and integration, appropriate resource allocation, and to facilitate a seamless hand-off to local market operations
- Support provider recruitment efforts in the market and play a key role in the successful onboarding and integration of new practices and providers
- Provide leadership and coaching to Regional Practice Administrators ensuring regular communication across clinic leadership and team development to prepare for continued growth
- Handle all aspects of staffing and team management, fostering a high-performance work environment that values employees and promotes development and success
- Ensure appropriate strategies are implemented to achieve clinical quality and patient services experience measures
- Prepare annual budget and review and analyze monthly financial performance to achieve annual budget
- Responsible for P&L and KPI performance metrics for all practices
- Follow through on key goals and performance measures that advance organizational strategy and business plan
- Develop productivity and other performance projections for both budget and look-forward projections
- Liaise between operations and physician leadership to ensure providers’ needs are being successfully addressed to reinforce a culture of transparency and support
- Identify opportunities for improvement and drive change initiatives to completion to improve overall operations and financial outcomes
- Support development of market provider workforce plan, including provider moves, impact on panels, co-located clinics, etc.
- Act as the market representative on system initiatives, opportunities, strategy development, and process improvement as assigned
- Function in dyad relationship with physician leader counterpart to support engagement and execution of VMD clinical model
Skills for success:
- High emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and success navigating diverse stakeholder groups
- A keen sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results
- Experience performing under pressure with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- A passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
- Prior history and success leading and managing teams to deliver P+L results
- Demonstrated experience driving results in a high-growth enterprise
Experience to drive change:
- A deep understanding of value-based care the role that operational leaders and teams play in supporting success in a value-based model
- Continuous desire to innovate and share success and best practices across markets
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create vision, develop business plans and manage change throughout the organization
- Strong mentoring and relationship building skills with ability to effectively manage group and interpersonal conflict situations
- 5 – 10 years of practice management experience, preferably in a primary care setting,
How you will thrive:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on Village Medical services and the improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical today.