Director, Population Health Operations at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Director, Population Health Operations
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Director, Population Health Operations to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
In this role, you will oversee the performance of a specified group of providers under value-based contracts. You will collaborate with VillageMD teams and network practice staff to integrate analytic, ancillary and operations capabilities to manage patient populations against improvements in the ‘Quadruple Aim’ of healthcare: better outcomes, lower cost and an improved patient and clinician experience.
Could this be you?
As a Population Health Operations Director, you will design, monitor and continually improve processes and the team that supports our network providers in value-based care, managing quality, cost and revenue targets. It is also expected that you drive engagement between patients and clinicians. As our organization continues to grow, so do the opportunities to develop your skills and gain exposure to different areas of our business and model of care.
How you can make a difference
- Build and lead a dynamic PHO team that delivers on implementing VillageMD developed value-based care clinical and operational best practices at a PCP level for the market
- Lead by example by driving results with assigned practices
- Partner with Analytics to monitor and improve performance in market value-based contracts by delivering OPS KPI improvements
- Work collaboratively with market leadership to develop and execute on integrated portfolio of value-based programs through best-practice processes
- Partner with Director of Payor Contracting and market leadership to analyze current performance along with identifying and implementing core strategies to improve contractual performance
- Drive market level value-weighted membership growth through partnership with national attribution management team, marketing business development, payer partnerships, AEP FMOs
- Develop a workflow to enable annual care delivery in primary care with an emphasis on identifying and supporting patients’ unmet needs
- Collaborate with management and operations team members to develop strategic, operational, and technological solutions for improving quality, while reducing the cost, of care delivered
- Build strong, credible working relationships with physicians and their staff to develop a partnership centered on driving meaningful change in care delivery
- Ensure successful practice performance under value-based contracts
- Run operational policies and procedures related to VillageMD-Georgia market operations and services for network practices
- Collaborate with provider partners to design and implement technologies to support clinical documentation to improve accuracy in diagnosis selection
- Analyze practice panel data to identify quality measure improvement opportunities to drive strong performance under value based contracts
- Facilitate evolving provider and practice staff education across core VillageMD model workstreams
Skills for success
- A consistent track record of leadership including the ability to achieve results with and through others
- A talent for balancing critical thinking with hands-on execution
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems, with a strong results-orientation
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Finesse in partnering with physicians on change management initiatives
- The knowledge to validate data directly tied to population health and value-based care
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare administration or a relevant field required
- Minimum of 8 years of management experience in the healthcare industry, preferably with exposure to healthcare consulting or start-up environment
- Past experience with Population Management and Value-Based Care operations
- Validated ability to implement data into practice; respond to analytical insights with strategies and solutions that impact the provision of care; evidence-based decision-making skills
- Direct experience working with physicians including the ability to use data to influence physician behavior
- Prior experience handling a P&L or accountability for a large-scale project, initiative or department
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and work with healthcare data and reporting is strongly preferred
- Must be willing and able to commute daily to practices throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.