Director of Operations at Cosm (Salt Lake City, UT)
Evans & Sutherland, a Cosm company, is the world's first computer graphics company and has developed advanced computer graphics technologies for over fifty years. Focusing primarily on digital planetariums and digital cinemas worldwide, E&S offers Digistar, the world's leading digital planetarium system, full-dome programs and production services, giant screen films formatted for full-dome theaters, premium-quality projection domes and theater design services
Cosm is a global technology company that builds end-to-end solutions for immersive experiences. We provide a full stack experience solution including the physical design, engineering, and manufacturing, as well as the software, display engine, and content needs to deliver immersive experiences at scale. Our technology enables people to experience entertainment in a new way across three primary markets: Sports and Entertainment, Science and Education, and Parks and Attractions.
We are looking for a talented Director of Operations & Delivery to oversee the day-to-day activities of Project Management, Service Support, and Manufacturing, ensuring that the departments are managed and performing efficiently and effectively.
Reports To EVP & General Manager – Evans & Sutherland,
Location: Salt Lake City, UtahDuties/Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost to achieve financial objectives.
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company's efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Organizes and oversees work schedule and facilitates hiring and training.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among manufacturing, engineering, project management, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Reviews, analyze and evaluate manufacturing & delivery procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Communicate and implement new directives, policies, or procedures to the team
- Leads the coordination and integration efforts among departments to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A strategic thinker and listener who clearly understands a technical problem before trying to solve it.
- An organized team player who can manage multiple tasks.
- Experienced in relationship-building with the ability to listen, and build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage project commitments and set expectations to achieve quality solutions are, driving actions through to resolution.
- Ability to incorporate technical and business knowledge in product or project solutions analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with diverse teams.
- Ability to effectively present technical and non-technical information.
- Skilled and experienced at breaking down silos, negotiating conflict, and problem-solving leading change using positive and collaborative methods.
- Strong communication skills in writing, speaking and presenting.
- 10% travel could be required.
- Understanding practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in an enterprise environment.
- 10+ years of experience facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects based on management goals and objectives.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a technical manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Experience supporting customer-facing, high-volume, mission-critical applications is strongly preferred.
- Understanding, analyzing, and communicating technical designs, project issues, and project status is required.
- Prolonged periods are sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds at times.
Evans & Sutherland, a Cosm company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.