Director, Operations Servicing Strategy - New Deal and Partner Onboarding at Capital One (Washington DC)
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Director, Operations Servicing Strategy - New Deal and Partner Onboarding
As a Director, Operations Servicing Strategy, you will be part of a smart, talented team responsible for transforming and designing the customer and agent servicing experiences as we onboard new business partners into the COF ecosystem. Additionally - you will play a key role in representing Channels and educating prospective partners on how our Servicing Experience and Strategy distinguishes us from our competition. You will regularly integrate and influence multiple groups and be seen as a strong consultant by business partners in developing strategic capabilities and executing sustainable customer and agent experiences. You will educate and gain buy-in from key stakeholders to ensure the technology and processes deliver breakthrough business results and radically transform customer service.
On any given day you will be:
Setting Strategic Direction
- Partnering closely with Line of Business leaders and Corporate Development to ensure Channels is represented in the ideation, design and execution of their objectives through (1) Intent delivery and operational readiness (2) servicing strategy and (3) influencing their product roadmap through the delivery of insights and listening
- Drives key intent decisions for strategic programs initiatives partnering with project and product teams, to integrate the customer and agent design to develop processes that track progress, identify and address issues
- Owning implementation for high impact partner integration programs including change management contributing to the overall outcomes, definition, scoping, design, and delivery
- Providing direction on the overarching roadmaps, in partnership with tech, product and intent teams with a focus on human centered design
- Ensuring project design is built for agents and customers
- Creating and delivering presentations to senior management. Guiding and influencing senior management discussions and decisions
- Creating, establishing, and managing communications across teams to ensure optimal engagement of associates and leaders
- Consulting with business partners to understand complex problems and focuses on bringing issues to resolution, horizontal influence and leadership in a matrixed environment. Escalating road-blocks as necessary to meet timelines. clarifying and defining transformation requirements / scope for cross-functional problems
- Overseeing independent research and analysis to solve ambiguous client problems. Working with transformation teams to develop recommendations to clients (e.g., senior management and/or executives) enabling them to make key business decisions
Providing Operational Excellence
- Ultimately be responsible for day-to-day operational aspects of the experience; participating in developing products, benefits definition, management of changes in the Operational environment, and assigning and managing team accountabilities
- Distilling big picture intent into tactical requirements and implementation plan and executing process efficiency
- Intimately understanding the heart of specific operations and represent the voice of that operation to your business partners
What skills you need to bring to the table:
Leadership- Influencing, challenging and enabling associates and leaders to significantly evolve and lead through change. Drive complex projects and programs by providing strategic direction and project management
Technical and Strategic- While you may not be a hard-core coder, you should have a solid understanding of the business trade-offs and how to get the most out of our technology. Further, you will be diving into problems with the Business Analysts, Ops leaders and Tech teams and they will think of you as an "honorary member of the guild" because you can speak their language
Curiosity- You ask why, you explore, and you're not afraid to come to the table with a totally new idea. Solving complex problems is what drives you and you like taking on new ones
Do-er- You have a bias towards action, try things and sometimes fail. You work in scaled agile frameworks and have iterative delivery with a focus on results
Communicator- You can communicate and partner with your team and key stakeholders across all levels of the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes. They know your priorities and why you are doing what you are doing
Analytical- You're Not scared of numbers; instead you believe they help illuminate the truth
Customer-Centric- You lead with human centered design as the basis for decision making and influencing outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years delivering transformational initiatives
- At least 7 years of experience in People Management
- At least 7 years of experience directing process transformations or projects
- At least 5 years of experience in Strategic planning
- Master's Degree
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- 10+ years of experience directing process transformations or projects
- 10+ years of experience in People Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).