6 River Systems is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and 6 River Systems is building solutions to power winning warehouses of the future.
We’re revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
We are looking for a Director of Operational Excellence to scale our team through the next hyper-growth phase of 6 River Systems with rock-solid principles of operational excellence. You will work with teams of program managers, engineers, customer experience managers, sales teams, and third parties to ensure that our processes are streamlined from project inception through customer acceptance. You will start from the customer experience post-implementation and work backward to shape organizations, tools, and processes to promote effective, efficient, repeatable, and scalable service.
Why join now?
- Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- You get to scale the team deploying robots in the booming e-commerce industry
- Shopify, who recently acquired us for $450M, wants to make our technology available to their 2M+ merchants
- We are digital by default: 100% remote (live and work anywhere)
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company (we have a lot of fun)
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs & benefits
In this role, you will:
- Own the process of transitioning customers with fully implemented systems from “red” to “green” by directing the process of discovery, investigation, and correct actions. Ensure we incorporate best practices into future product deliveries to reduce the number of customers that ever go “red”
- Develop a process of transitioning customers from “green” to “greener” by establishing means, internally and/or with 3rd party support, to enhance our product offering by delivering best in class operational excellence processes to our customers
- Be the company’s subject matter expert in extracting, sharing, and implementing best-practices and lessons learned to enhance our competitive advantages
- Assist business unit leaders by providing training and assistance in conducting post-mortem and root cause assessments that are appropriately sized, yet effective, in order to leverage learning opportunities throughout the enterprise
- Assist business unit leaders in providing customers with best-practices, consumable learning products, and lessons learned in an effective, timely, and world-class manner
- Lead the technical operations process for peak season to ensure a seamless and efficient peak season for our customers
The ideal candidate will have:
- A technical degree combined with an MBA is preferred
- 15+ years of experience leading operations in a highly technical field
- Evidence of subject matter expertise and thought leadership in the area of operational excellence
- 10+ years of experience at the director level
- Demonstrable track record of program management, program execution, scope management, change management, and cross-functional stakeholder engagement to deliver results
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement in a fast-paced environment where a balance between extracting and implementing lessons learned and operational execution must be met
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a bias towards action
- A systems thinking approach to identifying key attributes and opportunities within enterprise wide processes
- A strong ability to establish buy-in in a matrix organization
- A strong sense of urgency around your work and the ability to hold yourself accountable to the highest standard of excellence
- Excellent executive-level communication skills
- Able to travel approx 25% of the time
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.