Director, Market Operations at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About The role:
As the Market Operations Director, you will partner with the General Manager and Medical Director to oversee processes, operations, systems and infrastructure that support direct services provided to Cityblock’s members through our innovative care model.
Reporting to the General Manager of the market, the Operations Director will play an integral role in operationalizing Cityblock’s care model in the clinic practice setting and in the community. This leader will oversee the deployment of an efficient and scalable operational model to support our care teams on the ground. You will collaborate closely with clinical leaders to ensure that all necessary workflows are built and implemented effectively, and that we are measuring our progress accurately and insightfully. You will model how others in the market think about ongoing process improvements, operating with excellence, and ensuring we constantly improve. This leader will also interface with Cityblock national operations teams, owning all cross-functional initiatives that involve the market, and ensuring they are executed thoughtfully and thoroughly.
Requirements for the Role:
- Your professional experience matches one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience managing diverse operations teams
- An MBA and 5+ years in healthcare/management consulting
- Familiarity with the healthcare landscape, neighborhoods and community health needs of Ohio
- You have experience and comfort working within a high-paced, ever-evolving startup environment, working with operators, technologists and clinicians
- You have operated in a value-based care setting (e.g. capitated arrangements, ACO) where you were accountable for achieving success against key performance metrics
- You are comfortable using a variety of data tools, and can create compelling dashboards and other data visualizations to drive decision making
- You have hands-on operations leadership experience; you’ve built and improved teams, built deep stakeholder relationships, and driven high-fidelity, field-based operations
- You have excellent project/process management skills (particularly with modern tool suites built off of cloud-based collaboration), and you are rigorous, energetic, agile, flexible, and aren’t afraid to do the work yourself
- You are familiar with regulatory requirements pertaining to value-based care operations and care delivery, including documentation, quality reporting, and environmental requirements to ensure safety for members and staff in clinic-based and home-based settings
- You are compassionate, open-minded, and non-judgemental
- You have the ability to think quickly and solve problems in the moment
How We Define Success:
- Own and share accountability for market strategy and achievement of key operational results
- Lead run rate market operations initiatives for a set of critical functions that could include, but are not limited to: budgeting and forecasting, staffing and hiring, care team productivity, strategic partnerships, and more
- Develop strategic initiatives in coordination with clinical and operational stakeholders to improve quality, member outcomes and total cost of care performance
- Ensure that member experience is humanized and person-first by leading efforts to establish and improve member experience processes, and workflows, ensuring that all are executed with “The Cityblock Way” in mind
- Proactively anticipate and address operational issues as they arise, and collaborate with other key in-market team members to ensure that problems and gaps are solved quickly and seamlessly
- Ensure that all learnings from process builds are tightly captured so that we are continuing to develop our care model and implementation playbooks for future markets; implement new performance metrics where they apply
- Ensure that all tools and support technology (e.g., Commons, EHR) are well utilized across all roles and teams; where appropriate, propose improvements to this toolkit to continue to best support operations
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience and empathy with high-complexity Medicaid and Dual Eligible populations
- Significant experience and familiarity with ambulatory clinical practice operations serving Medicaid and Dual Eligible individuals
- Experience owning and managing a P&L in an ambulatory healthcare setting
- Comfort using a variety of technologies and systems, including practice management, care management, electronic health record, and billing systems
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read: