Director Legislative Affairs at Sierra Space (Remote)
SNC's subsidiary, Sierra Space, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin and Durham, North Carolina, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra Space
- Partner with Sierra Space and Business Area leadership, Senior Advisors, Corporate Director of Communications and Sierra Space Legislative Affairs, Government Relations and International Business teams to coordinate engagement strategies to ensure the themes and messages remain consistent among all parties and specifically with the Program Capture Plans for a given pursuit.
- Responsible for ensuring that Sierra Space speaks with a single voice on key pursuits and for developing and coordinating the critical messages among the key stakeholders within the Legislative and Executive branches of the US Government.
- Monitor key pursuits, track status, and assess the effectiveness of engagement strategies to ensure the desired outcomes are achieved.
- Serve as an expert on all on-going Business Area programs supported within the WDC office and accompany other Sierra Space staff as necessary to meetings and office calls.
- Support Business Development activities with governmental and non-governmental customers and assist in Business Intelligence on competitor efforts to aid in the formulation of strategies for opportunity engagement, capture, and protection when applicable.
- Support the Corporate Director of Communications as the DC representative for those responsibilities.
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Must have extensive and current experience in the DoD and relevant industry experience in business development and program management.
- Previous experience with the Executive Branch of the US Government as well as an understanding of Air Force, Army, Navy, and USD(I) current and future priorities is desirable.
- Possess exceptional presentation and people skills as briefings to senior levels of the US Government will be required on occasion
- May be required to formally register under the federal lobbying regulations
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station. Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $197,105.40 - $271,019.93
Sierra Space offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities, we are taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 and associated variants pose in the workplace. SNC is committed to supporting our employees while ensuring we continue to meet essential national security needs of our country.
With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, SNC will continue to require COVID-19 vaccination status for all employees including new hires. In accordance with applicable requirements, all current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated may be required to adhere to enhanced onsite safety protocols including weekly COVID-19 testing, face coverings, and social distancing.
The status of applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements are subject to change depending on applicable court orders and the course of ongoing litigation. Candidates may later be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved exemption.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.