Director, IT Internal Audit at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Internal Audit will use both operational and technical skills to follow audit methodology and provide strategic direction on audit coverage areas to ensure department objectives are met. This role will have responsibility for appropriately allocating audit staff, budget hours, and adapting allocation of resources should the audit plan changes. In addition, the Director will develop the annual audit universe for the specific coverage area and be able to make adjustments based on needs and change.
- Ensures regulatory items are effectively completed, validated, documented and reported timely.
- Responsible for adequate participation in exams and effective verification of closed regulatory items.
- Provides execution and ongoing maintenance of the audit plan.
- Executes the approved Audit Plan on schedule while maximizing audit resources.
- Recommends changes to plan as business developments arise.
- Supervises the Audit Finding Action Status Updates / Verification / ORE verification for your areas of responsibility.
- Supports, supervises and develops staff as part of career development initiatives including, rotation programs within Discover, Change Initiative etc.
- Staff audits and reviews with appropriately skilled resources and assign roles to staff that allows for their professional development.
- Supervises, in accordance with department policies and procedures, the execution of complex audits.
- Provides strategic guidance and expertise on the execution of the audit by applying knowledge of (company/industry/IT) best practices and processes to ensure proper strategic alignment.
- Provides input and ensure proper identification and assessment of key business risks and controls.
- Produces findings/reports that are high substantive quality; well drafted and communicated, and delivered on schedule in conformity with department policy and procedures.
- Executes activities and committee meetings across the enterprise, including effective and timely reporting in line with regulator expectations.
- Participates in and support department strategic initiatives based on defined governance structure (for specific initiative) to improve Internal Audit processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Engineering, Business, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or Computer Science, Analytics or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in audit, engineering, operations, accounting, applied sciences, finance, business, or a related field.
- 4+ years of work experience within a highly regulated environment, public accounting or consulting firm, payment network, technology, or a related field.
- 4+ years of direct experience in IT Operations, Application Development, Application Support, Data Architecture/Management, Enterprise Architecture, or IT Infrastructure.
- Financial Service, Banking, Payments, Credit Union, Credit Card, Insurance or Investment Company experience preferred.
- CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CDMP or DGSP certifications preferred.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.