Director of Information Technology and Security at Codility (Remote)
Why do we exist?
Codility unlocks the world’s engineering potential.
Who are we?
Codility is the highest-rated SaaS platform that evaluates the skills of software professionals. Our mission is to enable companies to build and grow high-performing engineering teams. Codility has helped global enterprises like Microsoft, PayPal, Slack, and mid-market, and hyper-growth companies scale two times faster, mitigate bias in the hiring process, and save thousands of engineering hours that can go into shipping excellent code and building great products. We also service the needs of our customers in engineering management, including supporting their engineers’ learning and development, and optimally deploying people to teams and projects.
Codility is a remote-first and people-first company with main hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin. We have a team of over 200 people strong coming from 30 different countries contributing to a product and culture that we’re super proud of. Codility is rated as the top-performing talent management software on G2, has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor, and has won the Best CEO award in 2021 on Comparably. We’re focused on continuing to develop a high-performance culture through continuous improvement and constantly placing our customer’s success at the heart of how we operate.
Why Codility needs you.
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there. By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,200+ businesses in 70+ countries, and has evaluated over 16 million engineers and counting.
In order to do this, we are hiring a Director of Information Technology (IT) and Security to be responsible for the development and execution of a strategic and global information technology and security program. The director will provide the vision and leadership necessary for building, operating and maintaining security-focused technology infrastructure, applications and solutions, which service the various functions at Codility and meet evolving business needs. This global role requires a deep understanding of infrastructure, application and security fundamentals, lifecycle management and best practices necessary to manage the risk to the organization and ensure audit and compliance alignment, effective governance, information security integrity, and confidentiality. The Director of Information Technology will be part of the senior technology leadership team and will report to the CTO.
What you will do.
- Provide the vision and leadership for developing, implementing and monitoring a strategic, comprehensive and global information technology and security program
- Manage IT operations to ensure smooth running of business and high availability of critical systems including technical infrastructure environments (storage, cloud resources, communication systems, Networks – LAN, WAN, VPN, Firewalls, and applications), security configuration, backup administration, service level monitoring, system and performance monitoring, incident management and IT support
- Develops operating policies and procedures to comply with privacy regulations, institutional policies, and compliance standards (ISO27001, SOC2, PCI, GDPR etc.)
- Facilitate internal security audits, proactively and continuously evaluate the risk landscape for Codility’s technology globally and increase security awareness across all Codility
- Manage procurement and inventory of hardware (computers, servers, network equipment, etc.), software, warranty renewal, domain names registration and SSL certificates
We would love it if you have.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with degree preferred in Computer Science or Information technology systems security or related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of information technology and management work experience, including 3+ years of cybersecurity management experience required
- Experience managing large, global, multi-year IT initiatives
- Well-versed in IT infosec concepts and best practice
- Experience with IT audit, internal controls and external regulatory compliance including PCI, GDPR, ISO27001, SOC2)
- You believe the best security teams are partners with the rest of the organization, not barriers
How we behave.
We're human. Our diversity and unique experience make us strong. We allow ourselves to be vulnerable and treat one another with grace. We take ownership. We expect one another to take initiative and trust each person to make decisions based on the best available data. We have passion, perseverance and urgency to hit our goals and work together to create the best outcomes. We think big. We innovate and challenge the status quo to maximize the value we deliver to our users. We constantly experiment with new ways to drive excellence. We're real. We are honest with ourselves and one another. We listen, speak up, and are ready to change our minds.
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with a strong compensation plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company
- Amazing benefits to include:
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- 401K match of 4% that vests immediately (US)
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Monthly Health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.