Director of Information Security at Karat
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!Come join our Information Security team
Our Information Security team is dedicated to ensuring Karat's architecture, policies, and programs are compliant and secure. As the organization grows, this team will help build and deliver a global security strategy.What you will do
As Director of Information Security at Karat, you will be responsible for the company's strategy, architecture, and direction for information security and risk. Identifying risk factors as it pertains to compliance and operations, you will provide technical leadership, devise security policies focused on continuously reducing risk, and lead a variety of audit/compliance initiatives.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote U.S.-based candidates for this role. Immigration sponsorship is available for this position.
- Create, maintain, implement, and enforce internal Information Security policies and procedures.
- Understand and implement controls as they relate to security and privacy regulations, specifically SOC 2, ISO27001, GDPR, and others.
- Represent Karat with respect to inquiries from clients, partners, external agencies (as-requested), and the general public regarding Karat’s security strategy.
- Conduct the timely review of security questionnaires from prospects and clients and build processes/action plans to address any risks identified.
- Provide Karat's Leadership Team and Board of Directors with accurate assessments of our security posture and progress on a consistent basis.
- Continue to build, lead and develop the information security team.
- Stay up-to-date on security, trends and potential impacts to the business.
- Challenge and understand potential security exceptions and partner with teams to develop controls and technical solutions to them.
- Build and lead trainings to improve the security posture within the business.
- 10+ years of experience with application security and information security programs
- 5+ years of experience leading, developing, and managing a team of InfoSec professionals
- Hands-on knowledge in developing security design review, threat modeling, risk analysis, secure software testing, etc.
- Experience securing and navigating cloud platforms, such as AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience in leading teams to build systems, practices and policies that comply with important security standards, such as SOC2, ISO27001
- CISSP, CISM, CRISC and/or CISA certification is strongly preferred
- Experience reviewing potential vendors with regards to security/compliance with privacy laws (GDPR, CCPA, etc.) and conducting audits of existing vendors
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected]