Director, Industry Solutions - Manufacturing & Energy at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
As a Director of Industry Marketing at Palo Alto Networks, you will be a key player in the transformation of the network security market. It’s your mission to successfully evangelize and position our next-generation network security platform for multiple vertical industry audiences. You will spend time understanding our target audiences’ key pain points, compliance issues, initiatives, and applications. You will use this knowledge to develop strategies for selling to specific verticals – driving assembly of compelling industry solutions that take advantage of our unique value proposition – and resulting in vertical sales tools (presentations, collateral, etc.), product launches, and sales training.
- Drive vertical and application-specific marketing and sales enablement
- Work with product management, business development, and other marketing teams to develop compelling mixes of product and partnerships focused on specific industries, applications, and initiatives
- Work with other marketing teams on the traditional mix of marketing activities: product launches, competitive and market analysis, demand generation, collateral, evangelism, and sales and channel enablement
- Review and respond to strategic/high-priority requests for proposal
- Architect and build out a small team to scale vertical industry initiatives globally
- 7-10 years of product marketing experience in information security, network security, or infrastructure - Specific experience in specific vertical industries - a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills; experience in public speaking
- Ability to translate complex concepts and technologies into business-oriented value propositions
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Ability to think strategically while working tactically
- Driven, self-motivated, and always looking to improve on our current marketing efforts
- Able to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive projects through to completion, cooperating and coordinating with many other groups within the company
- Willingness to travel; visiting customers, prospects, and partners will be an essential part of this role
Our Marketing team has an opportunity like no other in any industry: high-impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes affecting our industry and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $175,200/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.