Director of Implementation (Energy) at Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Actively engage with new business scoping & estimating activities, including providing resource estimates & capacity management oversight.
- Support the scoping of projects by providing project resource estimates that represent the level of effort required to support the projects/initiatives.
- Manage the technical integration and commissioning of all Veritone Energy applications and services into a variety of customer environments.
- Performing as a key collaborator by leading the implementation of applications and supporting services.
- Create and document data flow processes.
- Execute system upgrade and test plans.
- Cultivate open communication with customers, and business partners in an effort to identify opportunities to improve processes and methodologies.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate project management tools.
- Provide product feedback throughout the implementation and deployment process.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients operations by ensuring that transitions to operations are smooth and successful.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Machine Learning, Mathematics or other related technical degree is required – Master’s degree is preferred.
- Candidates should have 6+ years technical experience, with 4+ years managing software implementations in grid related environments.
- Experience with analysis and project life cycle methodologies as well as an understanding of the implementation and commissioning project life cycle is required.
- Experience presenting to a variety of levels including senior management is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple resources across multiple locations who are working on complex projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with Utility systems such as, SCADA, DERMS, ADMS.
- Experience with communications protocol Modbus, MQTT, DNP3.
- Work in a Linux-based environment leveraging third-party and open-source code where appropriate.
- Experience in Python software programming.
- Familiarity with software development, tracking, project management and communication tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Office 365).
- Energy Tools knowledge: PLEXOS, PROMOD, CYME, DSA Tools (PSAT, TSAT, VSAT), PSS/E, MATLAB/Simulink, KERMIT, and DigSILENT.
BONUS POINTS IF
- Electrical Engineering, Power Systems.
- Familiarity with controls renewable energy and/or energy storage systems.
- Programming experience in one or more of Python, R, Go, Scala (Java, C/C++, C#).
- Experience with modern software development including Cloud, DevOps, NoSQL, and CI/CD.
- We are REMOTE FIRST!
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado Only*): Minimum annual salary of $99,176.00. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.