The Director of Identity and Access Management (IAM) position is responsible for advising security and technology leadership on ways to improve and maintain the IAM environment and IAM operations. This position develops strategy for the following areas: Access Governance User Lifecycle Management Identity and Directory Services and Secrets Management. This function oversees all identity related operations work. This position also serves as the subject matter expert in IAM product and solution development cloud-based identity and identity-centric Zero Trust architectures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Develops and delivers the identity and access management initiatives and roadmaps after initial assessment of the environment.
- Advises business IT application teams on access management technology issues and opportunities.
- Leads the architecture engineering and design of identity solutions for the enterprise.
- Builds leads and has full management responsibility for the performance and development of a team of experienced platform security engineers.
- Owns and drives IAM strategy to span legacy environments as well as newly built public cloud environment(s) to include all technology decisions and associated budget.
- Advises on native Active Directory services password vaulting PAM policies etc.
- Collaborates with leaders defines architecture by analyzing information requirements; determines systems architecture components and technologies; studies business capabilities; develops points of views on emerging technologies and evaluates their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Provides coaching guidance and direction on IAM projects ensuring overall fit with architecture direction.
- Acts as the fully accountable party for all IAM-related services including but not limited to IdM native Active Directory Privileged Access Management SSO MFA and IAM Operations.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert on IAM authentication platform configurations.
- Develops strategies for Identity and Access Management (IAM) PAM Directory Services and enhanced authentication platform.
- Drives initiatives to transform IAM provisioning and lifecycle management leveraging self-service and automation capabilities to enable a frictionless user experience.
- Evolves the strategy and operating model for privileged access management (PAM) governance and technology solutions.
- Provides oversight over all regular IAM operations and ensures the department provides exceptional service and that SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Establishes performance metrics and leverage metrics to drive control and process improvements.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically AVP or above
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
- Expert level knowledge of IAM security concepts.
- Proven ability to effectively lead coach and develop a team.
- Strong knowledge of the insurance industry its products and services.
- Senior-level knowledge of platform security technical solutions (EDR NetSeg NGFW DLP etc).
- Senior-level knowledge of modern security architectures (i.e. Zero Trust Architecture)
- Proven experience securing cloud platform environments (GCP AWS etc.)
- Expertise in IAM principles processes and technology solutions.
- Demonstrated success in establishing strategic objectives and driving tactical execution of initiatives aligned with company goals and objectives.
- Subject matter expertise across all facets of IAM including MFA Secrets Management Privileged Access Management (PAM) SSO and identity platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- Typically a minimum of ten years of experience in Information Security