Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Role: Director, Head of APAC Listed Derivatives
In this role, you'll work with leadership and project execution teams on listed derivatives products and other trading products at Gemini, helping to define the scope and objectives of projects, and working directly with engineering teams to deliver production systems. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, with the ability to balance and communicate priorities across multiple internal teams. The ideal candidate can draw on domain expertise but also operate with a beginner's mind on projects to deliver compelling and at times novel derivatives and other trading products in the crypto space.
- Own and execute the end-to-end strategy for listed derivatives products in the APAC region.
- Work closely with c-suite, engineers, marketing & communications, and other internal stakeholders using data-driven approaches to identify potential areas of improvement within the business.
- Collaborate closely with internal user research groups and clients to understand business needs; set and manage priorities.
- Lead engagement efforts with regulators and other relevant external partners.
- Set business line KPIs/OKRs and regularly engage in performance analysis, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- 10+ years of experience in the listed derivatives space with a focus on bringing innovative products to market.
- Experience with financial exchange operations.
- Proven track record of delivering production software in an agile development environment.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge from working with the Monetary Authority of Singapore or in other regulated spaces.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage complex projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven experience driving product and business decisions.
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project.
- Understanding of the cryptocurrency exchange trading ecosystem and its evolution over the past 5 years.
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency protocol technology.
- Experience with automated risk management systems and clearing systems.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and dependents
- At least 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.