Director, Global Supply Manager at ChargePoint (Remote)
With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Director, Planning
What You Will Be Doing
The Director, Global Supply Manager (GSM) is the end-to-end owner of sourcing strategy and execution, acting as the business representative of ChargePoint to external supply partners and as a key commercial authority on internal cross-functional teams. Applying a deep understanding of manufacturing processes and supplier behavior, the GSM is responsible for aligning internal and external stakeholders to anticipate supply risks, drive mitigations, and deliver optimum value to ChargePoint. This role is a high-growth opportunity to shape not only ChargePoint’s future product realization but also how the company makes decisions and delivers on its ambitions.
What You Will Be Bring
- Strong understanding of strategic sourcing toolkit, including product life-cycle, negotiation, contracts, and cross-functional coordination
- Nose for identifying and capturing cost savings opportunities
- Ability to triage multiple inbound requests and drive issues to closure
- Passion for crafting data-driven recommendations and building coalitions to put into action
- Excellent communication and situational awareness
- Creative, proactive problem-solving
- Eye for process improvement and comfort working without a script
- Professionalism and integrity
- 10+ years supply chain experience, including 10+ years directly responsible for supplier performance during NPI, 5+ years of managing/supervising GSMs
- Strong negotiation skills
- Asia supplier base experience
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management tools and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related
- Experience sourcing custom mechanical or power electronics strongly preferred
- Experience with capital equipment NPI a plus
- Willingness to travel ~20% globally
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.