Director, Global Events at Vonage (Remote)
We are a highly creative, energetic and results-oriented organization that produces and delivers the content Vonage needs to entice, educate, engage with and sell to customers around the world. We connect with the external marketplace through all media including print, digital and social. Our team leverages deep industry, market and customer data into actionable insights and marketing strategies. We are creative and collaborative, striving to translate how Vonage’s products and services can meet the needs of our current and future customers.Why this role matters
The Global Events center of excellence oversees the development, planning and management of customer, industry and employee engagements / special events. We analyze and make strategic recommendations on live, virtual, and hybrid event presence and programs, build strategic plans and act as primary liaison for event partnerships. The Director, Global Events brings this to life by guiding the work of the Event team and ensures the development and execution of value-adding events on an enterprise scale.
You are a well-rounded marketer and strategic thinker with a proven track record of successfully leading, managing and implementing best in class worldwide event experience, including tradehows and flagship events that resonate with our key markets and personas. The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative teammate who has experience building governance models to operationalize event strategies, and a passion for building high-performing events with data-driven decision-making.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...What you'll do
- Oversee Global Event initiatives, projects, and processes across major product or functional areas.
- Manage and execute marketing plans to maximize company exposure and produce sales qualified leads.
- Ensure all company events align with and support the Vonage marketing philosophy, branding and overriding strategic framework.
- Perform competitive industry analysis to influence overall Events portfolio strategy and direction including flagship strategy.
- Drive strategic development of event content (i.e. messaging, consistency, data aggregation, presentation preparation) for external and internal / company events.
- Conceptualize marketing collateral and prepare and monitor event ROI projections and outcomes.
- Engage with Marketing and Sales to understand upcoming product releases, promotions and integrated campaigns.
- Engage with product and operational stakeholders to understand product features and functionality, ensuring accurate and compelling representation across events.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with outside vendors.
- Define and develop internal company events to ensure timely and effective communication to facilitate enhanced employee understanding and engagement.
- Attend events to provide executive presence and ensure flawless execution.
- Monitor event outcomes to identify patterns, trends and issues; recommend and drive implementation of resolution strategies as appropriate.
- Monitor event performance metrics, identifying and recommending methods for continuous improvement.
What you'll bring
- Experience leading or managing marketing and related staff.
- Advanced understanding of Events-related processes and procedures, including tradeshow sponsorship strategies, venue selection and booking, logistical requirements, A/V setup and operation, catering, audience arrangement and comfort, product display and event follow up and evaluation.
- Strong project management and organization skill including budgeting and accurate forecasting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Ability to:
- Consult with business leaders on events strategy, message delivery, reputation management and related issues, trends and challenges.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to clarify business and related product marketing issues and expectations, identify gaps and deliver clear and compelling strategies to increase alignment and resolve issues.
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate and integrate diverse inputs into effective, consistent and carefully focused event plans and outcomes.
- Ability to work in a fast paced enriching environment.
- Think and act at the strategic as well as the tactical level.
What's required for application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline.
- 7-10 years full time experience leading global event strategies. Historical experience building a Flagship strategy is a plus, as is working with the developer community.
- Prior leadership experience.
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.