Director, Global Customer Support at Cendyn (Remote)
Reporting to the VP, Customer Services & Support, the Director, Global Customer Support drives and manages Cendyn’s world-wide customer support activities, by ensuring all service levels are met or exceeded, and initiates new or enhanced processes to improve productivity and the overall customer experience. Core duties include leading the escalation process and all aspects of a support team who are motivated to respond quickly to external customer needs. Accountable for determining and implementing the strategy, as well as reshaping the global support team, positioning us for future growth and success.
Given our business model, where our customers pay us over time, customer support is vital to our long-term profitability. We will be successful if our customers are receiving massive value from our services and support.
- Implement process and product improvements based on data.
- Partner with Product Management to provide the voice of the customer, identify the types of issues that generate the most Support contact volume, and evolve the product to eliminate the highest support volume generators.
- Develop a repository of knowledge out of the on-going work with customers and utilize that to enhance the quality, speed, and productivity of the team.
- Ensure support ticket queues are prioritized and delivered to improve efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Leverage product usage data and industry best practices to provide recommendations to improve ROI and customer retention.
- Automate the predictable so we can humanize the exceptional
- Drive customers to self-service first via the customer service portal and ensure skilled and empowered agents are providing support with more complex questions and requests.
- Maximize profitability for post-production services & support as we scale the operation.
- Prioritize work to balance Cendyn's revenue goals with staff capacity and customer requirements.
- Oversee support process flow and procedure compliance to ensure individual and team’s efficient delivery of activities.
- Instill a Drive for Excellence throughout the global support team. Measure the effectiveness of global support:
- Define operational metrics for team.
- Create cadence for review within team.
- Expose subset of metrics to executive team, and company.
- Manage global support team activities.
- Associate: Onboarding, Training, Career Path, Leadership Growth, Mentorship
- Provide insight and vision into where the department is heading, and work directly with other departments throughout the company, particularly Engineering, Product and Sales.
- Inspire excellence across Cendyn.
- Upholding a customer-centric focus and mindset.
- Align with Product around driving product roadmap, representing the customer.
- Align with Finance around measurement and forecasting.
- Work closely with DevOps/IT to make sure we are achieving our reliability and scalability metrics.
- Enhance global support team effectiveness and efficiency through technology and/or automation. Including optimization/adding the following:
- Customer service portal (Zendesk)
- Target Process
- Support systems
- Provide input and feedback, from a customer perspective to Product Management, on solution features, and functionality.
- Lead World-class global support team.
- Foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
- Identifying and providing feedback through 1:1s, effective use of personal development plans and provision of coaching & development opportunities.
- Encourage continuous learning within team.
- Create efficient onboarding process for new team members to minimize learning curve.
Required Education and Services:
- 5+ years of overall Customer Support experience is needed with a combination of the below.
- 5+ years hiring, training, coaching, and nurturing top talent, leading operations of a Global Customer Support team
- 5+ years’ Services in leading technical, customer-facing organizations
- Proven expertise with SaaS solutions and Cloud technologies.
- Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Additional experiences in these areas are a plus.
- A general knowledge of major Property Management Systems and integration with Cendyn products
- Use Salesforce, Zendesk, and other CRM products to communicate and track customer interactions.
- Experience managing global teams, across multiple cultures.
- Experience in Hotel Operations or equivalent Services
- Experience working in a CRM or email marketing field, preferably in the hospitality vertical
- Business Management Skills - Strong leadership skills (listening, communications, coaching,), proven ability to formulate and implement strategies, ability to manage in a matrix organization, ability to implement and manage change.
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational, planning, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Office Tools – Strong technical aptitude and skilled in MS Windows-based office tools including SharePoint, presentation software, database software and desktop applications.
- Empowerment, Coaching and Teambuilding – Ability to provide guidance and coaching while empowering staff to perform their role. Create and maintain sense of teamwork to ensure accountability, cooperation, and collaboration towards a common goal.
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and analyze situations, identify solutions, and formulate recommendations for effective management.
- Innovation – Ability to initiate creative thinking to accomplish continuous improvement and evolution of the support team.
- Communication –Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
This job operates in an office environment. Working in an office environment requires a high degree of discipline and the ability to work with others in a moderately noisy open office environment with centrally controlled head/AC setting.
Cendyn is currently working on becoming compliant with new regulations in Colorado. Until we are able to do so, this role cannot be performed in Colorado.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This is a full-time position.
This position may require up to 25% of travel. Travel may be overnight and outside of regular business hours.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.