Director of Global Category Management Transformation and Planning at FIS
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role:
The Director, Program Management, Global Category Management will be responsible for both transformational and day to day program management for the Global Category Management Organization, in support of theProcureNextprogram. This entails development and execution of change management strategies, communication planning, documentation and coordination and project management of key initiatives. Components of the program may include but are not limited to organizational design, goal development and tracking, internal communications planning, category management framework governance and process improvements.
Strong business partner relationships and the ability to collaborate across ESM is critical to the success of this role, as are strong problem solving, change management and project management skills to ensure successful outcomes within the ProcureNext program.
What you will be doing:
The primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead Global Category Management Framework governance including coordination of the annual Category Strategy refresh and business planning process; oversight of the monthly and quarterly Category Reviews; and drive continuous improvement of all documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Manage Category Management Toolkit governance, including maintenance of the overall Toolkit inventory and driving periodic reviews with owners; participating as core member of Category Management Toolkit Working Group; leading the distribution and communication of materials; developing and facilitation of associated training (as needed); developing content as needed and maintaining central repository of documents.
- Drive Category Management change management requirements, including: coordination with Performance Management (PM) and Procurement Operations (PO) to identify planned changes that will affect Category Management; review of planned changes with Category Management leadership and gaining alignment on preliminary feedback to be provided & Category Management staff to involve (if any); collaborate with PM/PO to develop and implement the roll-out plan, including communications and training and facilitating feedback review with PM/PO on implemented changes to identify challenges and/or potential additional improvements.
- Facilitate Category Management leadership and global townhall meetings including formulating, discussing & agreeing agendas; working with executive assistant to schedule meetings; preparing documents and aligning with speakers on key messaging; development and implementation of associated communications; facilitation of meetings, tracking and following up on key take-aways and next steps to completion.
- Drive Category Management KPIs and reporting, including coordinating with Performance Management for saves tracking & reporting; development of key non-saves KPIs; development of reporting methodology to support KPIs and maintenance of KPIs and reporting.
- Primarily responsible for managing the development of business process related solutions for clients
- Define client needs, determine strategy and develop plan/proposal for delivery of the project
- Generally leading to increased efficiency of internal client process or function
- Possess ability to effectively articulate business opportunity and/or utilization and develop positive performance against budget
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Special projects as needed
- Maintain Category Management Org Chart (quarterly updates)
- Partner with Procurement Operations on CSAT program
- Presentation development as needed
- Opportunity analysis, tracking and reporting as required
What you will need:
Required Skills and Experience
To be successful, this individual should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Expertise in strategy development and implementation
- Deep knowledge of cross-functional change management, project and program management
- Demonstrated understanding of business case development, impact analysis, governance, and reporting
- Track record of successfully implementing governance programs including operational key performance & risk indicators and driving results to influence improvements
- Strong Project Management skills with proven experience in successfully managing and executing multiple, large-scale initiatives
- Strong communication and influencing skills and ability to interact with all levels of the FIS organization
- Strong strategic thinking, with the ability to identify and assess key drivers of success, implications of alternatives and recommendations for execution
- Direct experience leading the development and implementation of communication strategies in a large, global cross-functional organization
- Outstanding relationship skills with ability to collaborate and influence across levels with internal and external partners
- Ability to learn and develop a working understanding of FIS businesses and requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to distill complex issues quickly, effectively communicate strategies, and summarize key points and implications
Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree preferred; business, economics, finance, supply chain, or related studies preferred
Added bonus if you have:
Preferred Licenses / Certifications:
Certified Project Management professional; Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt equivalent or greater
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
• A voice in the future of fintech• Always-on learning and development• Collaborative work environment• Opportunities to give back• Competitive salary and benefits
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.