Director, Facilities at GRAIL
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:31 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 26, 2022
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
This position has overall responsibility for the development, implementation, and operation of the functions of the Facility Services department.
These include: Maintenance of all facilities, utilities, and equipment; Utility systems operations; Plant engineering; Site security; Environmental, support of Health and Safety (EH&S) programs.
The role requires effective collaboration with counterparts throughout the network, external service providers, relevant agencies, and community representatives. As a member of the Site Leadership Team, the Facility Services leader is also responsible for providing site-level leadership and representation both internally and externally.
- Provide overall Facility Services leadership and expertise during the design, commissioning, validation and start-up of the facility, utility systems, plant and equipment.
- Provide overall Facility Services leadership for ongoing facility and utility operations.
- Provide overall leadership for maintenance of all plant and equipment, including laboratories.
- Provide leadership of Maintenance, Calibration, Plant Engineering, Site Security and other Site Services groups.
- Lead the EH&S Manager and team to implement and maintain all health and safety programs.
- Hire, train, develop and lead the staff to achieve the Facility Services goals in support of the construction project phases and ongoing manufacturing and operations.
- Establish goals and budgets, monitor performance, and optimize use of resources.
- Initiate and sponsor quality improvement, efficiency improvement and cost reduction programs.
- Establish policies and procedures for all Facility Services functions and activities.
- Establish and maintain preventive and corrective maintenance programs to minimize unplanned equipment and facility downtime and optimize life-cycle costs.
- Ensure that the site is well integrated with internal and external physical and regulatory infra-structures, including public utilities, land use, master planning, and permitting.
- Assist in representing the site as liaison with state, county, and city officials and with local communities, agencies and businesses when dealing with utilities and utility systems.
- Partner with outsourcing resource providers to ensure the availability of appropriately qualified contingent labor.
- BS/BA in engineering, science, or business management and at least ten years of relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Strong leadership, managerial and employee development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend high-level business strategic objectives and develop detailed implementation plans to achieve those objectives.
- In-depth understanding of facilities and utilities operations, maintenance and EH&S.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage work plans and timelines.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively on a cross-functional basis.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulations and codes (e.g. cGMP/ FDA; OSHA; EPA; etc.) that apply to facilities management in a biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Key competencies for this position include resilience; dealing with ambiguity; agility and flexibility; emotional intelligence; and the ability to lead effectively through transformational change
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.