Director, Enterprise IT at FiscalNote (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:56 p.m. (CST) on Friday, July 29, 2022
About the Position
FiscalNote is seeking a Director of Enterprise IT to oversee the planning, deployment, and performance of enterprise corporate infrastructure, systems, and supporting teams. Working across the entire company, this role is critical to empowering every employee to optimally leverage technology to effectively carry out their core responsibilities. We fundamentally view technology as a universal enabler, and want to make sure this position deploys the systems, documentation, training, and communication necessary to ensure that’s a reality. With a functional knowledge of each team’s operations and how they interact with corporate systems, this individual is tasked with not only ensuring reliable, timely support and effective deployment of scalable systems as we scale globally, but also overseeing secure and reliable infrastructure. This role involves both team management and technical individual contributor work.
About the Team
The Corporate IT team is responsible for all FiscalNote employee technology needs. In addition, the team supports our various collaboration platforms, email, identity, and productivity software. As a technology company, we strive to bring in the most modern tools on the market that meet all current security standards while also offering the best possible experience for our employees. We support FiscalNote employees based in the U.S., as well as our various locations around the world.
Proactive. Curious. Meticulous. You are extremely well versed in the world of corporate IT with a commitment to continuously enhancing the security, performance, and reliability of the systems you manage. Taking pride in your attention to detail, you are hyper-focused on scalability and ensuring decisions you make today don’t create unnecessary and foreseeable technical debt in the future. You are clearly able to navigate both high-level and in-the-weeds technical concepts, wielding an innate patience and empathy when working with employees on some of the most simple technical issues. Although you are service-oriented, you always are considering ways to better empower the masses through self-service documentation. You practice what you preach, lead from the front, and proactively and clearly communicate issues before they become problematic. Your motivation style enables you to inspire direct reports and build coalitions with organizational stakeholders.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Oversee the design and performance of FiscalNote’s global network, enterprise systems, storage, deployed hardware, and office technology at the DC headquarters and across multiple domestic and international offices
- Leverage zero trust concepts, centralized identity management systems, MDM, cloud automations, and other modern technologies and security best practices to ensure effective systems administration
- Create documentation for and help enforce compliance with all corporate IT policies and procedures
- Oversee an internal helpdesk that reflects a culture of thoroughness, patience, and responsiveness when working with employees
- Design & manage onboarding and offboarding processes to maximize security and efficiency, while ensuring positive experiences for new and departing employees
- Partner closely with Information Security, People, Legal, and Finance teams, as well as other key business stakeholders on Corporate IT projects and initiatives
- Establish, develop, and maintain vendor relationships
- Plan for and manage the information technology integrations for acquired entities
- Manage a team of 6 direct reports today and strategically grow the team as necessary
- Report to the Vice President, Cyber Security & Information Technology within the structure of the Global Operations department
What Sets You Apart:
- 6+ years of experience in Enterprise IT, ideally supporting an organization with 500+ employees and multiple operating environments, as well as in a people management role
- Must have experience deploying and managing GSuite across an enterprise
- Experience developing, deploying, and administering other key systems such as Cisco Meraki, Atlassian (Confluence + Jira), Slack, Mac and Windows operating systems, Office 365, Active Directory, and Okta
- Experience overseeing a global corporate network, with offices & employee presence in the United States, United Kingdom, Europe, India, and APAC
- Experience with various approaches to infrastructure architecture (such as on-premises, cloud, or hybrid) and an understanding of their implications for sustainability, business continuity, and disaster recovery
- Experience managing IT in a compliant environment (SOC 2, ISO 27001, etc.)
- Experience doing diligence and driving integration with M&A activity
- Experience working with and communicating to individuals and populations both one-on-one and in very large groups
- Effective communication and stakeholder management, especially regarding major changes
- Experience deploying creative approaches to effectively enabling and securing non-traditional work postures such as contractors and fully remote employees
- Experience delivering support across multiple offices and countries
- Very strong leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in an autonomous environment
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.
More Information on FiscalNote
FiscalNote operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Washington, WA. FiscalNote was founded in 2013. It has 370 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 33 open jobs at FiscalNote, click here.
Read Full Job Description