Director of Enrollment Operations at Ideon (Remote)
Employer Provided Salary: $140-$160 Annually
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:35 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 29, 2023
The health insurance and benefits industry is undergoing rapid digital transformation. Today, most people choose, enroll, and utilize their benefits not by calling insurance carriers or reviewing paper forms, but by using HR and benefits software. Behind the scenes, Ideon’s APIs make this modern benefits experience possible. We’re powering an entire industry forward, delivering the speed, transparency, and efficiency that today’s consumers expect.
Ideon is seeking a skilled and dynamic Director of Enrollment Operations to work closely with the leadership team in setting the roadmap and executing our Enrollment Operations strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of operations analysts who handle the configuration, issue resolution, and error processing related to EDI and API insurance enrollment data connections with insurance carriers.
For this role, we are open to remote candidates anywhere in the U.S. Ideon is headquartered in NYC with a second office in Omaha, NE. This role reports to the Co-Founder and CTO.
In this role you will:
- Drive the growth and development of our Enrollment Operations function, ensuring the team is engaged and high-performing
- Collaborate with our operations analysts and provide guidance, support, and training to ensure they have the necessary skills and resources to excel in their roles
- Set clear performance expectations, conduct regular evaluations, and foster a collaborative and positive work environment
- Work closely with product development and engineering teams to integrate data connections within our software platform seamlessly
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for issue resolution and error processing related to insurance enrollment data connections
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex data issues, collaborating with operations analysts to identify root causes and implement effective solutions
- Act as a point of escalation for critical issues, coordinating with internal teams and insurance carriers to ensure timely resolution
- Establish and enforce quality control measures to ensure data accuracy, completeness, and integrity across all enrollment data connections
- Conduct regular audits and reviews to identify areas for improvement, address compliance issues, and mitigate risks associated with data connections
- Develop and maintain operational metrics, reports, and dashboards to monitor the performance and effectiveness of enrollment data connections—present findings and recommendations to senior leadership, contributing to strategic decision-making and resource allocation
We’d love to talk if you:
- Proven experience (8+ years) in a leadership role, preferably within the insurance or technology industry
- Strong knowledge of EDI and API technologies and their application in insurance enrollment process
- Familiarity with insurance industry standards and regulations related to data connections, such as HIPAA
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail
- A proactive and results-oriented mindset, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
What we do:
Ideon is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless consumer experiences at every stage of the member journey. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure, the ‘pipes,’ that allows InsurTech platforms and health insurance and benefits carriers to exchange data accurately, efficiently, securely, and at scale—improving the way benefits are quoted, sold, enrolled, managed, and utilized. Our APIs transmit billions of data points, powering an amazing benefits experience for all. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are insurance geeks, systems gurus, data wonks, sales & marketing execs, product leads, finance whizzes, and admin pros—all determined to bring efficiency, transparency, and connectivity to the health insurance and benefits industry.
Our benefits include:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents.
- Voluntary benefits such as hospital, accident, critical illness, short-term disability, and legal.
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
- 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
- Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
- Pre-tax commuting benefits.
- Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.
Read Full Job Description