Director, Customer Support Strategy & Operations (Remote Eligible) at Okta
The Customer Support Operations and Strategy team is looking for a Director to build and lead a team in optimizing the customer experience while driving operational excellence and maximizing organizational effectiveness. This person will be responsible for performing data analysis, providing actionable insights and delivering strategic recommendations to the leadership team in an effort to execute on achieving their goals. We are looking for someone who will proactively identify areas of leverage, develop strategies and execute plans to improve systems and processes in an effort to scale and accelerate the Customer Support organization. This person should be highly organized, have a track record in the delivery of a wide range of initiatives, experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and a passion for working in a hyper growth environment. You must have a deep understanding of customer support technologies supporting SaaS in an agile environment with a proven track-record of building teams and processes from scratch.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own all aspects of strategy and operations for the Customer Support team.
- Develop and execute support operations strategy, metrics, roadmap, workstreams, and operating procedures to ensure a seamless, scaled and world-class experience for internal teams and customers.
- Drive improvements in efficiency, quality, response times and satisfaction across the entire customer support organization and the customer experience.
- Own and manage all aspects of the Customer Support systems and tools, primarily ServiceCloud, Distribution Engine, InContact, RingCentral, TimeTrade, GURU, Qualtrics, Salesforce Community.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure we have the best in class tools and metrics.
- Manage a fast-paced queue of support operations requests, prioritize requests according to business impact, and drive to appropriate completion dates.
- Define and own all metrics and dashboards, providing visibility of the daily, weekly, and monthly performance of the team and channels.
- Partner with leadership to present state of the business at Monthly and Quarterly business reviews by building out executive level presentations.
- Drive quarterly and yearly planning process in partnership with FP&A – this includes target setting, capacity and budget planning.
- Build and mentor a high performing operations team focused on Customer First.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 8+ years total working in a Customer Support organization, specifically within a SaaS company.
- Minimum 10+ years of hands-on project/program management experience working with the integration or implementation of support software technologies (such as CRM, Telephony, Chat, WFM, Dashboards, AI, Bots, etc.) and managing these initiatives from start to finish.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience managing a team with a proven track record of building teams and processes from scratch.
- Ability to think systematically in order to drive efficiencies and streamline operations.
- Exceptionally results oriented mindset; analytical and methodical approach to identifying challenges and measuring impact and strong ownership in tracking metrics and outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; skilled with communication at all levels and can communicate complex topics with simple language.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence without authority Strong technical aptitude / affinity; experience working hand-in-hand with software, test, and/or system engineers.
- You’re a Do-er, have a strong work ethic and a bias for action.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a high rate of change.