Director of Customer Care North America at TravelPerk (Miami, FL)
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
What you will do:
Mission of your roleTravelperk is on a mission to change the world of business travel. Delivering 7 stars service to our customers and employees is our number 1 Value. Therefore, we empower our people to think like owners and solve problems. As a team, we are focused on continuously improving and setting new standards in customer support.
The Director of Customer Care North America will be responsible for setting the vision and direction of the operations to lead the CC to success. You will report to the Global VP of Customer Care.
- You will lead an operations that combines outsourced and in-house operations
- You will focus on improving the customer experience, increasing productivity and service levels of the assigned market
- You are fully accountable for the results and the team
- Additionally, the position is responsible for assisting the VP of Customer Care with the development, analysis, and implementation of staffing.
- Level of SLA
- Level of Customer Satisfaction
- Employee Engagement
- Employee Productivity
- First weeks
- Learn about the company, its people CC
- Learn the operations, from CC to ticketing/ sales
- Build the first relationships outside CC
- Second month
- Validate the team structure and hiring strategy
- Contribute to CC strategies, SLA agreements by providing insights on topics to be build/changed/etc.
- Third month
- Define team’s OKRs and objectives
- Start having impact on KPI improvements
- Build the team, and have development plans for your teams
- Have a roadmap for Travelperk CC teams
- Report to VP CC
- Up to 10 TL / 100 agents will report to you + Outsourced operation
What you need:
- A proven track record of 5-8 years leading Customer Care team with a minimum of 50 Agents
- Experience in both in-house and outsourced models is required
- Experience in a technology environment is a must
- Great communication skills in English: You can clearly explain (verbally and in writing)
- Strong process orientation, experience rolling out processes and programs
- High level of CC knowledge from previous experience
- Experience in project management
- Proven experience managing and building teams in a fast growth environment
- Leading teams in a high performing customer centric environment
- Understand big picture CC strategy
- Strong analytical capability
- Data-driven: You always use data to drive better solutions for the CC organization internal / external & our customers
- Organized: You are very organized and ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Pragmatic: You have a startup mindset, you can think and produce quickly. Collaboration comes naturally to you, and you are capable of driving towards quick wins and last minute opportunities.
- Proactive: You never wait for opportunities to arise, you create them!
- Team Player: Whatever the problem, you are always part of the solution.
- Results driven: You are focused on delivering continuous and measurable improvements to the user.
- Hands-on approach
Bonus points for…
- Experience in/with online travel agent industry big plus
- Experience in high growth start up is a plus
- Spanish will be a plus.
- Plus is to have worked previously with ZenDesk
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time with core hours
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs
- Udemy for business account to continue your development
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Flexible Work Policy
- You will need to be based in one of our hub countries, some positions are only open in specific locations
- We will require you to travel to the office hub in your country once or twice per week depending on your position
- In addition, every quarter you will be required to travel to an office hub location for up to 5 days to meet with your whole team
- We have flexible working hours to fit around your life
- Team members that want to go to the office more are welcome to!
For certain positions we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, please let us know in your applications and we will asses weather this is possible. English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.