Okta is experiencing significant growth and is seeking an experienced and driven Director of Corporate FP&A! The ideal candidate for this role has 10+ years of FP&A experience. Prior experience leading or being part of the Corporate FP&A team is a plus, while not mandatory. We are looking for highly motivated team players who have an excellent attention to detail and the ability to work cross functionally.
This is a great opportunity for candidates seeking experience within a dynamic FP&A organization, who want to drive value across a broad spectrum of the company and play a central role in an organization with explosive growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead over-all financial planning of the Corporate Top Line Model (SaaS Revenue, RPO/CRPO, Billings, Collections) and Okta’s Short-Term Financial Planning Process (forecast for income statement, balance sheet and cash flow)
- Responsible for rolling up company level Short-Term forecasts, Scenario analysis for company level financials as well as Key Metrics reporting/ analytics, and decision support
- Trusted advisor to the CFO and VP of FP&A
- Proactively collaborate and partner with the Long-Term Planning Finance Leader to align the company’s Short-Term Planning processes to achieve the overall company strategy
- Lead, mentor and develop a strong team
- Work cross-functionally and support high energy and fast paced business partners
- Must demonstrate analytical prowess, strategic thinking, and a command of the details
- Key member of the team delivering proactive insights and analysis to support a flawless earnings process
- Partner with broader multiple organizations across Okta to drive process and systematic improvements across the organization to lead Okta through its next phase of growth
- Leverage and improve current systems to increase productivity and accuracy of the FP&A team
- Assist with and manage frequent ad hoc projects to support management and business decisions, and medium to long-term FP&A strategy
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 10+ years of FP&A experience, prior Corporate FP&A experience highly valued while not mandatory
- Ability to work through ambiguity, create clarity and provide direction
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are required
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in a high tech/software/SaaS
- Anaplan Experience is a plus
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.