Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are-bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
In this role, the Director of Billing Operations will be accountable to building a high performing organization that has a significant impact on Risk Adjustment/Revenue goals. This will result in compliant, timely processing of claims with flawless acceptance rate. The ideal candidate is highly skilled at defining and executing process improvement that requires a high level of change management and cross-functional alignment, and comfortable navigating ambiguity with ease.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for developing a Center of Excellence that maximizes performance across markets for claims processing TAT / acceptance
- Assess and define the roadmap for infrastructure/technology, reporting, analytics, systems integration, vendor oversight, a staffing strategy - building the foundation for Cityblock to achieve national scale
- Flawless execution of roadmap across people, process and technology considerations
Requirements for the Role:
You'd be a good fit if you:
- Experience in a high-growth, unstructured environment where there has been success in implementing structure, reliable operations and continuous improvement
- Excellent skills to set direction and organize cross-functional work
- Analytical, data-driven approach to decision making and performance management
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence + ability to navigate large, matrixed organization
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently with senior executives
- Self starter; Ability to operate independently with minimal direction
- Are an adept manager, a critical thinker with excellent commercial judgment, and an impressive written and verbal communicator with robust organizational and analytical skills, including expertise with operational and clinical measurement and performance management
- High level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Certified Professional Coding experience required.
How We Define Success:
- On time, high quality delivery of assignments that result in measurable change in individual colleague performance and corporate goals
- Effective implementation of operational processes and design considering change management principles
- Effective engagement of cross-functional leaders in data analytics, product development, learning & development, clinical operations, and distributed operations models
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Intensive training in core business skills (e.g., 5+ years of management consulting, MBA, or similar experience)
- Leadership of Operational Reporting, Product teams, or day-day operations teams
- Experience in healthcare services
- Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC) experience
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.