Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
Cohere’s Clinical Programs arm of the Network Management team is responsible for driving adherence to Cohere’s Care Paths and activating valuable opportunities to engage patients and providers to optimize that journey.
At Cohere, we deploy a multi-dimensional engagement model that strives to achieve positive change through partnership with providers, utilizing our Cohere Care Paths (i.e., our model for ensuring provider decisions are aligned with standards of care and that drive optimal outcomes for every patient). Cohere puts the physician and other care providers at the center of all we do. We aim to drive positive change through partnership. When successful, we are able to improve patient experience, clinical quality, provider experience, and achieve the value objectives expected of our clients.
The Director of Clinical Programs: Oncology position is a crucial role in our organization and will be a key member working directly with the executive leadership team to launch and scale this new program offering. This leader, working with partners in Clinical Quality and Analytics, will be responsible for driving the creation, maintenance, and measurement of clinical programs designed to make meaningful impacts on the experience and outcomes of cancer care in this country.
At a growing organization, this is a position that offers the ability to make a substantial mark on the company and its partners, with exponential growth opportunities. This role offers a tremendous opportunity for an experienced, strategic, and highly organized person to make an immediate impact for millions of patients and their providers. The work will be fast-paced with evolving needs, requiring flexibility, emotional intelligence, curiosity, and grace under pressure.
What you will do:
- Support the strategy, goals, and development for clinical programs aimed at managing cost trend and quality of service within the full spectrum of oncological care
- Own and manage the Oncology Program P&L to achieve specific financial and performance targets for each health-plan customer
- Balance P&L considerations with the need to achieve the highest quality of care for our customers and their members
- Maintain and manage relationships with external partners, including leadership of internal technical teams responsible for integration and interoperability
- Continuously monitor the performance of programs, partnerships, and integrations to adjust and improve performance of the overall program
- Strong program development skills; ability to create and manage structured programs that drive measurable impact within the area of cost of care and quality
- Flexibility and agility, works well in ambiguous situations, clear understanding of an early stage startup environment
- Desire and ability to work cross functionally across remote teams in a fast-paced environment
- Seek out and thrive in self-directed roles and organizations
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Strong understanding of the Medicare Advantage and commercial insurance industry, including value-based risk models
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proficient in developing presentations and delivering presentations that convey fact-based narratives and clear storyline
- Strong communication and team management / interpersonal skills
- Bonus: interest in or proficiency with the application of behavioral economics within healthcare
- Bachelor's degree required (Preferred: MBA or an advanced degree in healthcare-related discipline, MD, or nursing degree)
- 10+ years health solutions experience in the areas of Population Health, provider relations, and/or care management program development and management
- 5+ years of experience designing or delivering programs in the oncology space for payers
- Experience serving as the lead thinker / consulting partner, designing innovative clinical programs and interventions driving value for payers and their members
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage a high-performing team of individuals capable of achieving audacious goals
- High level of executive presence and experience interacting externally with clients to achieve
- Proven track record and experience interfacing with external key business stakeholders/partners to achieve performance objectives
- Experience in a Production/Program Development environment
- Demonstrated track record of continuous quality improvement programs that deliver
- Passionate about continuous process improvement, always actively seeking out practical solutions to challenging business problems
- Strong leadership capabilities and ability to initiate and maintain cross-team relationships
We can't wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.