Director, Client Solutions at Optiv (Hampton Roads, VA)
| Hampton Roads, VA
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:52 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, July 28, 2022
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in a truly essential industry. Join us.
Who we are looking for:
As the Solutions Director, you’ll work closely with your team of Client Solutions Advisors to ensure that security advisement for clients is first and foremost and ensuring that the overall Client Security First mantra is upheld. In addition, the Client Solutions Director will have client facing responsibilities to align to the executive level and communicate and build a trusted advisor status at that level.
Internally, the Client Solutions Director will lead his or her teams in consistent pre-sales excellence in security advisement. Client Solutions Directors benefit clients by training the Client Solutions Advisors, and providing mentorship to lead the team to become true security practitioners. In addition, providing clear leadership goals, guidance to the team, and ensuring the overall quality throughout the pre-sales process. The Client Solutions Advisors will have a single point-of-contact in the Client Solutions Director to whom they can escalate concerns and questions about process, procedural, technical, and account-related issues.
Client Solutions Directors will also assist in planning, executing, and delegating strategic initiatives for the company, area, and region. This will include engaging with Sales Business Partners to coordinate regional planning around events, marketing, targeted training, and overall regional and direct report growth.
How you'll make an impact:
- Responsible for the mentoring and development of Client Solutions resources
- Train Client Solutions/Advisors on Optiv solutions and deliverables
- Develop training plans to increase Optiv domain knowledge starting with specifically identified gaps in knowledge
- Perform the duties of the Solutions Director as needed based on the regions that may directly roll up to the Client Solutions Director.
- Assisting the Area VP and Regional Director business partner(s) with developing sales, marketing, and training plans for the appropriate region(s) and subordinate Solutions Directors
- Perform semi-annual or annual reviews of the subordinates.
- Human Resource related responsibilities such as:
- Perform Annual Compensation Reviews (ACR)
- Handling of performance issues and creating performance plans when necessary
- Perform Quarterly Connect reviews as mandated by HR
- Communicating relevant information to Solutions Directors for dissemination to the field in a timely manner such as organizational changes, new initiatives and/or procedures, and anything else that may impact Client Solutions daily operating rhythm.
- Establish and continuously promotes team atmosphere and encourages the Business Partnership between subordinates, peers, and leadership. Take an active role in resolving conflict and promoting partnerships.
- Spearhead the development of new Client Solutions business motions, procedures, and standards and review and update existing ones as necessary.
- Promotes communication and coordination across the Client Solutions leadership team to ensure continuity, consistency, and collaboration among the various teams.
- Lead committees and subcommittees that serve specific purposes such as Solutions Communities, special projects, and other projects as required
- Assist with and attend client meetings as needed with Client Solutions staff to ensure engagement success
- Fill in as Client Solutions Director or Client Solutions Advisor as team needs dictate
- Coordinate appropriate pre-sales resources to ensure greater success with opportunities
- Serve as an overall Client Solutions subject matter expert and be able to drive Client Solutions staff to the appropriate end by supplying background information, resource contacts, and process direction to achieve desired outcomes.
- Align with the Solutions Communities charters
- Align with any other Optiv and Client Solutions initiatives
- Meet quarterly and annual quota objectives working in partnership with the sales team using Optiv sales operating processes by adding value throughout the sales motion with such activities as:
- Facilitating new discussions by leveraging peer and industry network contacts
- Telling the Optiv story as the market leading security solutions integration provider
- Performing requirements analysis and qualification of opportunities
- Coordinating internal Optiv resources for demonstrations and management of security technology evaluations
- Interface and partner with the internal Optiv teams particularly service delivery liaisons to align client expectations with the entire Optiv solution portfolio to ensure service delivery excellence and client satisfaction
- Partner relationship management with our vendor partners
- Stay abreast of industry trends and news in order to provide thought leadership, support, analysis and guidance to clients and internal Optiv groups.
- Actively pursue personal development by maintaining and obtaining technical capabilities, soft skills and security specific knowledge through formal education, certification and other avenues.
- Communicate Optiv’s domain taxonomy approach to both security and non-security individuals within the client, in order to prioritize security initiatives
- Clearly articulate how the various elements of the Optiv security taxonomy and solution portfolio meet the specific needs of the client stakeholders
Qualifications for success:
- Education - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Certifications - Industry recognized certification such as CISSP, C|CISO, GIAC-based, CISM
- Travel - Up to 50% travel will be required consistently, and more if required
- Leadership skills - Proven leadership skills of leading leaders, and enacting change. This role requires leading from the front and must demonstrate the ability to truly positively influence other leaders to align with the Optiv strategic vision
With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
More Information on Optiv
Optiv operates in the Cybersecurity industry. The company is located in Denver, CO and Overland Park, KS. Optiv was founded in 2015. It has 1988 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 47 open jobs at Optiv, click here.
Read Full Job Description