Civis Analytics is a data science technology company headquartered in Chicago and backed by $30M in venture capital from leading investors (including Drive Capital, Eric Schmidt, Alumni Ventures, Verizon, WPP, and other private investors) and led by senior leaders from business, government tech companies, and analytics technology.
We are seeking a Director, Implementation who will be responsible for implementing Civis software solutions with our customers.
The Implementation team is responsible for the integration of our customers with our platform. From data warehousing to custom analytic workflows and reports, the team focuses on custom integrations for every client. We ensure net-new customers are properly integrated to our products / solutions and ultimately reach successful launch outcomes. This role will work closely with Account Managers in addition to many other internal teams such as Sales, Product, Engineering, and Client Success.
- Manage day-to-day implementation operations, appropriately assigning staff resources, monitoring project statuses, identifying and mitigating risks to projects, and ensuring customer implementation quality.
- Create and maintain standards around which the team will operate.
- Serve as an internal advocate for how we can continue to improve our products to service client needs.
- Dive deep into creative and analytical thinking to solve problems and transform customer challenges into opportunities.
- Build an inclusive and equitable culture in which team members feel valued and are rewarded, retained and developed in their roles and career paths.
- 7+ years of implementation experience or experience in a similar technical customer-facing role driving projects and executing on deliverables / outcomes
- 5+ years of management experience
- Passionate about people management and / or mentorship with previous experience leading a team
- Ability to motivate and manage the performance of technical teams and individuals with a hands-on, influential leadership style
- Process driven and a strong desire to create, implement, and iterate on processes that lead to a standardized and extremely positive experience for every customer
- Ability to build a cross functional network internally and externally to support the team’s success
- Strategic focus with ability to translate vision into tactical actions.
- Outstanding relationship management, negotiation, and collaboration/influencing skills in dealing with all levels and through various communications.
- PMP or similar project management certification
- Experience working with data science, preferably data engineering
All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review. Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and employees are remote until further notice. This is being closely monitored as the situation evolves. Although it’s likely our offices will reopen, positions hired outside of Civis office locations will be remote roles.
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW