Director, Category Management at Chewy (Minneapolis, MN)
Chewy is currently seeking Director, Category Management – Fresh & Prepared Meals to join our exciting and fast-paced team. We have ambitious plans for this rapidly growing business and are looking for an experienced Category leader and builder. You will focus on building world-class customer experiences and delivering exponential growth through new innovative customer offerings. The Director, Category Management will own the P&L, business strategy and vendor relationships to build the rapidly growing Fresh & Prepared Meals business. Our ideal candidate is an experienced and versatile leader, has a proven track record of high performance, thinks big and operates at depth in parallel, and has experience in building in high-growth business environments.
What You’ll Do:
- Have full P&L ownership - encompassing assortment, pricing, promotions, and vendor performance.
- Define the strategy to build the business, deliver rapid growth, launch new products, and expand vendor relationships.
- Lead cross-functional team, defining goal planning, prioritization, and execution with marketing, product management, supply chain, finance, customer service and tech.
- Analyze market, customer, and data insights to elevate performance and refine strategies.
- Hire and develop a high-performance team.
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of holistic business experience in top ecommerce, retail, FMCG, or similar organizations.
- 5+ years of category management experience, including sole P&L owner of an important business.
- 5+ years of direct management experience, with track record of leading high performing team.
- Strong comprehensive business acumen. Fluent in vendor management, product management, marketing, supply chain, operations, and project management.
- Demonstrated success building and rapidly scaling new, complex businesses at high growth rate.
- Proven operator, skilled in high quality go-to-market execution, with an unshakable growth mindset.
- Excellent communication, strategic and analytical skills.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]