Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
What We Need:
Are you a technical enthusiast with a desire to help define how 2K publishes games? In this role you will work hand-in-hand with Tech, Finance, and Publishing Leadership to drive the cases for or against our tech investments and own the capex/opex spend that funds our international scale initiatives.
What You Will do:
- Conduct research, analyze data, develop hypotheses and synthesize financial recommendations to define and champion compelling stories and business cases for/against investment.
- Financial modeling including development of complete prospective financial statements for the Tech org.
- Lead lifecycle of acquisition process, procurement, vendor management and forecasting for the Tech org.
- Ensure accruals are on track and own capex/opex spending.
- Partner closely with internal and parent org Finance teams.
- Manage budgeting, forecasting, long range planning, and facilitation and negotiation of contracts with vendors on behalf of the Tech org.
- Provide reports and input to aid projects in decision making.
- Negotiate existing and new contracts relating to expenditure within the Tech org.
- Provide recommendations to improve efficiencies, drive scale, and reduce inefficiencies within Tech.
- Develop an IT roadmap business plan and communicate to a broad audience of diverse partners.
- Lead the tech vendor onboarding process for all at 2K
- Lead with a point of view on trends, use cases for 2K Technology, and relevant industry research.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- MBA, with STEM undergrad strongly preferred.
- 7 - 10+ years of proven experience leading operational and critical initiatives.
- Prior consultant experience preferred, with specialization in tech business operations and/or strategic finance.
- Leadership experience, including leading and coaching small teams, including cross-functional teams.
- Expertise in strategy, finance, and managing a large portfolio of capex/opex spend.
- Executive presence and communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence senior executives.
- Excellent problem-solving and analysis skills, combined with exemplary business judgment and ability to connect with a highly technical management team.
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems, work independently, and be end-product/results oriented.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.