Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we’re making the stock market inclusive, educational, and fun.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we’re looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.What you’ll do:
You’ll report to the COO and help drive strategy and execution across Public’s operations, monetization, and investing initiatives. You’ll be responsible for working with all functions at Public to manage existing revenue streams and drive further revenue-generating initiatives.What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years experience working in fast-paced dynamic environments such as startups, banking, sales & trading, or management consulting
- Problem solver
- Independent operator
- Ability to be player coach
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Track record of driving revenue in digital business (non-sales)
- Track record of working with engineering and operations functions to drive business outcomes
- Deeply interested in markets & investing (especially personally!)
- Active Public.com member (sign up today!)
- Experience in broker-dealer, financial services, or other highly-regulated space
- Institutional trading, portfolio/asset management experience, specifically US equities and ETFs
- Equity capital markets experience
- Experience with markets and financial data (e.g., exchange data, fundamental data), and platform providers (e.g., Bloomberg)
- Fluency with (or interest in learning) SQL and/or Python programming languages
- Series 24, Series 7, and/or 63/66 (or other FINRA certifications)
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.